Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 11:57 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Not so much under the bimmer spell as I am wanting a luxury car. Looked at Audi Q5 and Infiniti. What sold me on BMW was the free maintenance for four years. Figured that would save me at least 2K.
have the dealer service manager print out what they do for the first 4 years/48K miles......it is 4 oil changes, set of wiper blades and maybe a brake pad swap if you are hard on brakes.

My last BMW I changed the oil myself in between their free oil changes because I thought 10,000 miles between oil changes was insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 12:14 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,160,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
have the dealer service manager print out what they do for the first 4 years/48K miles......it is 4 oil changes, set of wiper blades and maybe a brake pad swap if you are hard on brakes.

My last BMW I changed the oil myself in between their free oil changes because I thought 10,000 miles between oil changes was insane.
I purchased my X5 two years old 2006 with 30K.

I made a list of EVERYTHING that was wrong with the car when I inspected it -- including wear items, scuffed plastic and items broken by the previous owner. The only thing that was not repaired under warranty/maintenance by BMW (as I expected) was the cracked windshield.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:48 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
AAB,
I assume you are dealing with BMW of Asheville, as I read you in the Western NC forum.
Simply imo, that dealership is not my fave, if there is such a thing as a good, fair BMW dealer in western NC/upstate SC...

A tad pricey imo, in terms of not much discount. They/some dealer can do much better, imo.

Shop around on the net, as noted by others. A hour or two drive may save you considerable dough.

You might want to sign up/do some reading/post that potential car in a very specific X5 & X3 forum; I rec'd XOutpost:
Xoutpost

A pricing thread from bimmerfest, also a good source of info on BMWs, Xs specifically:
Pricing - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
GL, mD

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
AAB,
Get the car you like...
My only comments on the Cilajet coating is that the dlr is making some dough on markup, I had never heard of the product until I GOOG'd it, and the guy that applies it may not be the area's best detail man.

There are literally thousands of pages of sites, forums and opins on what product(s) to use on a car's exterior.

If you simply want the conveinece of someone doing it and on you go, that is your decision, or have a detail job done by a local detail person after the fact, skipping the dlr's application.
GL, mD
Hey MD, can always count on some good advice from you, appreciate it! Yes I am dealing with the dealer here in Asheville. I sent a bunch of e-mails out to dealers in Charlotte, Greenville, and Knoxville. Waiting on a reply. Also took your advice and signed up on Bimmerforums. Going to pass on the Cilajet application too. Thanks again!
Bear

Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
$50K for an X3 and a 4 banger at that? Nuts.
^^^ this

For this price. At least find something with a 3.5 v6.

For 50k. I rather buy a used x5
Bigger, better motor, holds better resale value.

Or a brand new lexus rx350. Trouble free for yearsssssssssssss to come.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
^^^ this

For this price. At least find something with a 3.5 v6.

For 50k. I rather buy a used x5
Bigger, better motor, holds better resale value.

Or a brand new lexus rx350. Trouble free for yearsssssssssssss to come.
I took an X3 out for a test drive and it is plenty fast for me, also looking for better gas mileage and at 24mpg combined I like the X3. Haven't driven a rx350 I'll see if I can before I decide.
Thanks!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:59 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,841 times
For me the RX350 is too feminine in appearance

Old 09-28-2014, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 3,215 times
AAB did you end up purchasing the x3, my wife and i are looking at it. And for those wondering about it being a 4cyl its plenty fast.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImbriano View Post
AAB did you end up purchasing the x3, my wife and i are looking at it. And for those wondering about it being a 4cyl its plenty fast.
Yes I did, will take delivery in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI