Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM

17 posts, read 64,875 times

Advertisements

My wife and I too are contemplating a move to the Boise area (within 45 minutes or miles of there) and have found this realtor - you might try their search engine (but don't choose any of the homes we're looking at )

Homes For Sale at www.johnlscott.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 PM

623 posts, read 1,612,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams9 View Post
Thank you Benchfan, but how far is a commute to you? We are at least 30 minutes from everything, so if it's less, we would be thrilled!!!!!
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. We've been enjoying the holidays in sunny Santa Barbara. I'm pretty sure that the Californians moving to Idaho aren't moving from this little piece of paradise!

A commute from Hidden Springs is about 15 minutes to most shopping/restaurants, 15-20 minutes to the north end or northwest Boise, 20-25 minutes to downtown, 25-30 minutes to the freeway, depending on traffic, 30-45 minutes to Meridian, depending on traffic. 30-45 minutes to southeast Boise/east Boise.

Nothing is five minutes away. Well, except endless walking and hiking trails and pretty views all around.

One nice thing about living in Boise and the surrounding area is that you get used to a lifestyle that has you living within 15 minutes of everything you need. Once you get here and start exploring, you may find other neighborhoods that have the sense of community and housing styles you like but area 5-15 minutes from everything you want and you may prefer that. OR, you will fall in love with the setting at Hidden Springs, which is unique, and you won't care about the extra driving.

One other area to take a serious look at is Harris Ranch in East Boise. It's more accessible plus close to the river, foothills and Lucky Peak. Home prices may be a bit higher, but the area has a lot to offer.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 AM

14 posts, read 22,218 times
Thanks, Benchfan! We looked at Harris Ranch. Those houses are way too modern. We have a farm now and driving a while to get somewhere is not really an issue. We are 35 minutes from town right now. Plus,we have 7 children and feel that Hidden Springs has a lot to offer them. Also, being farm people, the organic community garden appeals to us as well as the proximity to Bogus Basin during the winter for recreation and a little sunshine during an inversion. It will be hard enough to leave my farm and move into a subdivision and HS may have just enough country to it to ease my pain. Maybe they will even let me operate the tractor at the garden sometime.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,858 times
Im thinking of moving to Atlanta from nyc with my husband and children transportation is a huge concern because I dont drive I will never be able to. :-( so I would like any suggestions on areas that might work well I definitely need public transportation and side walks some where there are cafes and parks I can walk to with the kids or jump on the bus to the mall I really want a combo of city and suburb I also want an area with great suthern charm

Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM

623 posts, read 1,612,948 times
Teg1308, this is the Boise, Idaho forum. If you want advice on Atlanta, you might message the original poster directly or post in the Atlanta forum. Or, heck, move to Boise, Idaho and we'll hook you up! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: