Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:35 PM

72 posts, read 81,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunberries View Post
Hello,
I'm 19 years old, and I am moving to Boise with my family in just a FEW months. I'm a little nervous because California is all i've known. People are always asking "WHY IdAHO?" and i really dont know why myself, it scares me because i'm afraid that boise, culture and activities wise will go away. I mean in california there are many things to do, especially shopping. I've visited Boise now a couple of times and seen the BOD and well.. its not very big.. not to be mean or anything, its uncomparable to LA. I'm just worried that there isnt going to be much do... seriously, i could shop that center in like 1 day and be bored later. I'm into outdoors activites, but there is also no amusement parks. It just... it seems a little boring compared to california. Right now at least. So... Why DO YOU like living there.. other then the people are nice, and its pretty. What is there to DO? I'm also going to BSU, or hoping to... so what is BSU, college kids, like as well??
Sorry if i sound rude, its just a really big change.
Hello sunberries and welcome to Boise forum,
I used to live in SoCAL for more than 10 years (near Ventura) and now own the house and live in Meridian (10 miles away from Boise). It is very nice here (in Boise) but I am not sure you might be ready for this life style yet... Maybe in a few years, when you get tired of big cities and start your own family. This would be a great place!.. Instead of Boise try Denver instead (for school and for overall student's life experience). Denver/Boulder/Greeley have amazing schools and great scholarly environment. Denver is huge and cool city. You would love it there...

After graduation come to Boise
Good luck!

Old 07-17-2017, 10:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novatoman View Post
Hello sunberries and welcome to Boise forum,
I used to live in SoCAL for more than 10 years (near Ventura) and now own the house and live in Meridian (10 miles away from Boise). It is very nice here (in Boise) but I am not sure you might be ready for this life style yet... Maybe in a few years, when you get tired of big cities and start your own family. This would be a great place!.. Instead of Boise try Denver instead (for school and for overall student's life experience). Denver/Boulder/Greeley have amazing schools and great scholarly environment. Denver is huge and cool city. You would love it there...

After graduation come to Boise
Good luck!
Do you realize that you are responding to a post that is almost ten years old. Surely, he has graduated by now. His last activity was the post to which you are responding. He hasn't been back since, not even to read replies to his thread.

No worries. We've all made the same silly mistake.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 07-18-2017, 08:26 AM

69 posts, read 86,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I go to BSU, and have lived in Boise forever, I like the city but really don't care for the University, there are a lot of Cali people there though. I just don't think that BSU fulfills the "college experience" since it is a commuter college there is virtually no campus life, outside of football games. I'd say almost half of the students live away from campus and most people are onnly there to go to class, so they are really not interested in making friends, etc. But Boise can be fun, even though there is limited shopping and no amusement parks (been to Disneyland and California Adevnture and hated it) but those things aren't my bag. Try getting a hobby like mountain biking, skiing etc. thats big here.

Your right...part of the Problem with BSU is..."Football" thats all they are about.
The teachers...office help, administration etc., is ran by students...I'm not kidding, your instructors will probably be students
Check out University Of Idaho, a little more professional.

Ok but Boise is a great place to venture out doors..lots to do but it is laid back compared to where your from, so be ready for 10 miles and hour instead of running 100 mph all the time

Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 AM

69 posts, read 86,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Do you realize that you are responding to a post that is almost ten years old. Surely, he has graduated by now. His last activity was the post to which you are responding. He hasn't been back since, not even to read replies to his thread.

No worries. We've all made the same silly mistake.

DANG....lol

Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Your right...part of the Problem with BSU is..."Football" thats all they are about.
The teachers...office help, administration etc., is ran by students...I'm not kidding, your instructors will probably be students
Check out University Of Idaho, a little more professional.

Ok but Boise is a great place to venture out doors..lots to do but it is laid back compared to where your from, so be ready for 10 miles and hour instead of running 100 mph all the time
You do realize you are replying in a 10 year old thread right?

A lot has changed since 2007, for instance the neighborhoods around BSU have completely changed and are full of student housing and new apartments and campus has also grown with new buildings and opportunities.

Instructors as students?

The football is crazy but sadly in today's America, sports are what brings in the $$.

Usually threads this old that are bumped are closed.

sunberries is 10 years older since posting this thread.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 07-18-2017 at 11:23 AM..

Old 07-18-2017, 11:20 AM

33 posts, read 48,676 times
Default Be Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunberries View Post
Hello,
I'm 19 years old, and I am moving to Boise with my family in just a FEW months. I'm a little nervous because California is all i've known. People are always asking "WHY IdAHO?" and i really dont know why myself, it scares me because i'm afraid that boise, culture and activities wise will go away. I mean in california there are many things to do, especially shopping. I've visited Boise now a couple of times and seen the BOD and well.. its not very big.. not to be mean or anything, its uncomparable to LA. I'm just worried that there isnt going to be much do... seriously, i could shop that center in like 1 day and be bored later. I'm into outdoors activites, but there is also no amusement parks. It just... it seems a little boring compared to california. Right now at least. So... Why DO YOU like living there.. other then the people are nice, and its pretty. What is there to DO? I'm also going to BSU, or hoping to... so what is BSU, college kids, like as well??
Sorry if i sound rude, its just a really big change.
Sunberries,

This is one of the best communities to move too. Honestly, If you give this area a chance it will grow on you there is a lot of outdoor activities to do like boating, camping, biking, floating the river. Yes, it is not LA but that is the best part of the smaller city you will noticed that our community is really friendly and the University is awesome. I know you will like it. I've lived here almost my entire life I have found outdoor activities like hiking table rock. Snowboarding Bogus Basin or Tamarack or Brundage. During the summer I would float the river or go out to Lucky Peak to boat. Now, I don't know what activities you enjoy but yes shopping is available here but it isn't a shoppers paradise. We do have amusement parks but they are a little ways away like Silver Mountain or Lagoon in Salt Lake. Don't think you can't hop in a car and go to Salt Lake or Portland to get shopping.

Sully

Old 07-18-2017, 02:05 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
PEOPLE! Check the date of the initial post, and the post count of the OP.

He posted that initial query almost ten years ago, and has not been back since. He has not even read any responses in the intervening ten years! I said this in post #22 and Syringaloid said the same thing in post #25. Please read an entire thread before posting anything.

Time to do what Syringaloid suggests, close the thread.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area