Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

150 posts, read 580,295 times

Advertisements

I just passed by it today on Five Mile and Fairview and it looked empty and the sign was gone.

Anyone heard anything about it? Did it close or move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 AM

Taj Mahal has closed its doors at 10548 W. Fairview Ave., but owners of the Boise Indian restaurant plan to reopen. A sign on the door says “Taj Mahal is moving! We will be reopening soon.” It also includes an e-mail address for inquires. The sign did not indicate when and where the restaurant will reopen. A call placed to the owners was not returned by early Friday evening.

Taj Mahal Indian restaurant closed; plans to reopen | Boise, Garden City, Mountain Home | Idaho Statesman (http://www.idahostatesman.com/boise/story/697691.html - broken link)

Old 06-30-2009, 04:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,689 times
We were happy to see a sign in the window that Taj Mahal is reopening in downtown Boise! On the second floor next to Shige (Sushi Bar). 100 N. 8th St. I was told they will be opening soon. Perhaps next week! Hurray! My wife and I have been craving their food for months.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmile View Post
We were happy to see a sign in the window that Taj Mahal is reopening in downtown Boise! On the second floor next to Shige (Sushi Bar). 100 N. 8th St. I was told they will be opening soon. Perhaps next week! Hurray! My wife and I have been craving their food for months.

Oh good I was worried that they werent coming back. I hope they have better business downtown.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 PM

93 posts, read 313,314 times
I just ate one of their to-go boxes at the Fourth of July parade (they were set up at the base of the stairs, where they are going to be opening soon). Pretty yummy!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
Taj Mahal is excellent but I kind of prefer Bombay on Main Street, but regardless it is going to be nice having two Indian restaurants downtown. In addition the new Vietnamese noodle house/bakery opening on Idaho Street and the new Japanese/Sushi restaurant opening on 8th Street, the new Caribbean themed restaurant opening in the Empire on 10th and we have the makings for a flavorful city center.
There is even a new Egyptian restaurant over on by St. Lukes. yummm.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM

229 posts, read 706,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Taj Mahal is excellent but I kind of prefer Bombay on Main Street, but regardless it is going to be nice having two Indian restaurants downtown. In addition the new Vietnamese noodle house/bakery opening on Idaho Street and the new Japanese/Sushi restaurant opening on 8th Street, the new Caribbean themed restaurant opening in the Empire on 10th and we have the makings for a flavorful city center.<br />
There is even a new Egyptian restaurant over on by St. Lukes. yummm.
I already knew about the Caribbean place that's opening up where the Milky Way was. The new sushi place, Osaka, is opening up where Tacabi/Koi was.

The Vietnamese place should be opening up next week or possibly even late this week. A woman who works there saw me peeking through the windows and opened the door to talk to me. The sign says it's a bistro, so I tried asking her about being a noodle bar and having a bakery. Unfortunately her English is limited, and I got no clear answers from her and simply gave up. I'd prefer a Chinese/Japanese noodle bar, but ANY noodle bar in this entire valley would be well overdue.

That Egyptian place you're talking about over near St. Luke's has been received fairly poorly so far, starting with a review of it in the Statesman. The reviewer mentioned them catering more to Boise palates than preparing authentic dishes from the owner's homeland (they don't even serve lamb dishes there!). Typical around here.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 AM

Not downtown but there is a new Sushi/steak house restaurant opening on State near Zamzows.

Any one else know of any more new restaurants opening in the area?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,367 times
Default Taj Mahal has reopened!

Folks,

Thank you so much for your support and patronage-we could have been nowhere without you! We are proud to announce that we have re-opened in downtown Boise at 150 North 8th St., Suite No. 222; Boise, ID, 83702. You can check out our website at: [url=http://www.tajmahalofboise.com]Taj Mahal of Boise - HOME[/url] , please become fans on Facebooks! We are really looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,
~ali ishaq
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area