Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,645 times

Advertisements

Hello. Me and my husband, we considering to move from Denver CO to Boise area Idaho. We have billion questions.
The firs is the cost of living. My husband is local truck driver (tractor trailer), he can transfer his job to the same company in idaho, but it seems very small terminal in there and the paycheck will be 11K less per year(aprox) then in colorado. And it's seems not many local truck driver jobs in idaho. and what is like to live for $2500 per month for a family in idaho?
the second question about real estate. we are planning to buy a house for $140K. what is the good safe area?
I have have heard there a problem with floods in idaho and home owner's insurance is high because of it. is it true?
i know it's funny... but do you have a lot of snakes? is common to see them on the backyard of your house?

we are looking for a place good for raising children, safe, with great people around

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 AM

719 posts, read 1,567,479 times
What sort of house and what features do you want? Older or newer, larger lot or smaller, attached garage or not, single family or attached, how large, number of beds/baths, etc.?

As far as your other questions go, no flooding isn't a major problem in southwest Idaho. There are some houses built in flood plains that tend to flood periodically, but relatively few homes would be in this category (and my guess is most are quite a bit more expensive than $140k).

There are plenty of bull snakes and rattlesnakes in the foothills and deserts around town, but it hasn't ever struck me that there are a lot of them in town. Bull snakes are harmless and even rattlesnakes rarely cause any trouble as they mostly just want to be left alone.

FWIW, I think the Boise area is a fantastic place to raise kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area