Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 03:28 PM

164 posts, read 315,059 times

Advertisements

I am in the middle of purchasing a small lot and need a surveyor for a small (300 sqft) lot line adjustment to give me access to the adjacent cul-de-sac. I have received some ridiculous prices...

I am looking for someone to hook up a military guy and not stiff me for a simple job.

Does anyone have a contact that can do the job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 09:03 PM

285 posts, read 541,104 times
You are asking a licensed surveyor to do a job to which he will attest to the accuracy and legality of his survey. Consequently he will charge more than you will think the time requires. You will find surveyors who have the license not willing to do the job for a low ball price.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 AM

62 posts, read 161,967 times
Default quality survey firm in boise area

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemedic View Post
I am in the middle of purchasing a small lot and need a surveyor for a small (300 sqft) lot line adjustment to give me access to the adjacent cul-de-sac. I have received some ridiculous prices...

I am looking for someone to hook up a military guy and not stiff me for a simple job.

Does anyone have a contact that can do the job?
-----------------------------------------
based on personal experience i would highly recommend:

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Nathan Dang of Accurate Surveying and Mapping in Boise.

from what i have seen Nathan understands the law and as well as the surveying aspect of the job.

also is involved with idaho professional land surveyors.

and is a very nice person.

good luck on your project

Old 01-02-2015, 12:32 AM

Default lot line adjustment

a lot line adjustment is not usually as easy as the general public may assume. doing the adjustment via surveying is one aspect of the job, then you may find you have to (i do not recall the technical terms but the general direction of it is) get the old lot line vacated and recombined with the new lot dimensions and get cooperation with the owner of the lot that the property is next door. then you have to have city final approval.

if you own both parcels of land this is a much easier process. if either parcel is encumbered with a mortgage that adds another variable in order to obtain the release. also title companies may need to get involved if it is encumbered.

go ask your city zoning about vacating and recombining (as i said not exactly the correct terminology, but they will get the drift) as you are trying to accomplish. you may be surprised at how many hoops you are going to have to jump through.

i wish you good luck but suggest you be cautious and plan lots of time to accomplish. we had a cracker jack lawyer and surveyor and the process took over 4 months with a cooperating neighbor. everyone cooperated, the mtge company was very very slow, it just takes time.... and some money.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:20 PM

164 posts, read 315,059 times
Thanks everyone!

I do not own the adjacent lot, but I negotiated and purchased the 300 sqft that I need from the couple that own it.

I spoke with the city and they are in favor of the lot line adjustment to alleviate potential impacts to the road that this lot currently faces. It seems as though this is a win-win.

I am going to give Nathan a call right now.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:20 PM

Default surveying

one point of interest, if you need the surveying job in a hurry you will pay through the nose.

if you are in no rush and the survey crew can fit it in when convenient to them you will save a whole bunch of money.

all the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area