Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:51 PM

19 posts, read 84,875 times

Advertisements

So I rarely see any comments about Kuna.
Can any of you good folks tell me more about Kuna?
I am looking for at least an acre lot, preferably larger and Kuna seems to have quite a few of them.
What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:04 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,889,255 times
Kuna is just suburbs, go further out for an acre

Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Part of the reason I asked about Kuna is because my kids could go to Meridian schools.
Little towns don't always have the structure and schools that I want for my kids.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,889,255 times
Kuna has it's its own district, and i've heard tthe schools out there aren't that great, but could just be hearsay.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,213,144 times
I have heard the same as Justin about the schools. It depend on where you live in Kuna as to whether you go through the Meridian school district. Kuna is a small town and though I don't live there my understanding is that they don't have the money to pump into their schools. That was information given a while back on this forum by someone who use to be a teacher in the Kuna school district. Typically the better schools are going to be in the larger metropolitan areas because obviously that's where the money is.

Look at this link, it will take you to the Meridian School District website. There you can click on Elementary, Jr. High or High School and see the boundary maps:

Joint School District No. 2 - School Attendance Areas and Boundary Maps (http://www.meridianschools.org/District/Attendance_Areas/School_Attendance_Areas_and_Boundary_Maps/ - broken link)

Old 11-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the link Torrie.

I have been going through the Boise MLS for over a year now and it appears that the Kuna area had the best bang for the buck without heading over to Nampa/Caldwell.

I am most interested in the lot size, as opposed to the many other considerations, yet I want my kids to go to Meridian Schools based on what I've been reading.

Ultimately, I prefer the Meridian area, but the price of homes with 1/2 acre lots or larger are far more expensive than they are worth.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 19,189 times
Default Kuna is awesome

Kuna is a beautiful community that seems to bud more and more every year. I have lived there for all my life, and I have to say my favorite time in Kuna is during the summer time. Some of the best things to do are: floating down Indian Creek on an inner-tube, take long midnight walks with the nice cool air, and being able to walk to the high school and watch a football game. Then after the game, to go get ice cream at the local Paul's Market and have a late night BBQ at home.

All of the places in Kuna are within either walking distance, or a simple bike ride to Paul's.

I hope you enjoy coming to Kuna and hope to see you there!

Always,
Dana G.
([EMAIL="gtopsyd@yahoo.com"]gtopsyd@yahoo.com[/EMAIL])

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleyclan View Post
So I rarely see any comments about Kuna.
Can any of you good folks tell me more about Kuna?
I am looking for at least an acre lot, preferably larger and Kuna seems to have quite a few of them.
What say you?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 19,189 times
Default Hearsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Kuna has it's its own district, and i've heard tthe schools out there aren't that great, but could just be hearsay.

Yes...it is just hearsay. But I will say that the schools in Kuna are a little bit different from what they were when i was growing up. All of the best best teachers are retiring, but the other young teachers are just as great and will provide the best education for your children.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:25 PM

68,331 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopsyd View Post
Kuna is a beautiful community that seems to bud more and more every year. I have lived there for all my life, and I have to say my favorite time in Kuna is during the summer time. Some of the best things to do are: floating down Indian Creek on an inner-tube, take long midnight walks with the nice cool air, and being able to walk to the high school and watch a football game. Then after the game, to go get ice cream at the local Paul's Market and have a late night BBQ at home.

All of the places in Kuna are within either walking distance, or a simple bike ride to Paul's.

I hope you enjoy coming to Kuna and hope to see you there!

Always,
Dana G.
(gtopsyd@yahoo.com)
Any kind of a walkable downtoen area in Kuna with mom & pop businesses or are you pretty much limited to the car and big box stores?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 AM

4 posts, read 25,066 times
Neither. No walkable downtown, not much you would want to walk to anyway. And no big box stores either. If you want an acre in a desirable area, you have to pay the price. The land is always worth more than the house that sits on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area