Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:14 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
It's crazy though. I visualized I want to have a better job. And had exam for a job. But It was a hard exam. So I saw smart asian guy in line front of me. I wished that he sits next to me during test so I could cheat off of him. Then I went to bathroom. Came back to line and sat down and saw the same asian guy sit right next to my seat!! And I peeped the answers and passed the test. Visualizing works

Wow that is wrong on so many levels. and this is what that book taught you? Scary stuff.

Last edited by ylisa7; 02-29-2016 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 07:53 AM

152 posts, read 185,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Wow that is wrong on so many levels. and this is what that book taught you? Scary stuff.

The book taught me to visualize what I want. Of getting a better job. Don't matter what steps I took. I'm not smart individual to pass test no matter how many hours I study. it always keeps me back.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:05 AM

995 posts, read 1,115,169 times
Quote:
The book taught me to visualize what I want. Of getting a better job. Don't matter what steps I took. I'm not smart individual to pass test no matter how many hours I study. it always keeps me back.

Ok, so...you need an operation. The surgeon who will operate on you cheated his way thru his exams, just like you. You sure you want him to operate?
Or an engineer who designed that bridge you need to go over cheated his way thru his tests.
Or the air traffic controller directing your flight cheated on his exams.
BUT! They visualized themselves into their jobs, so all is good!

As a bookseller, there were various sections in my store that we called the 'Woowoo' shelves. The Secret was shelved there.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:57 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,349,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post

Ok, so...you need an operation. The surgeon who will operate on you cheated his way thru his exams, just like you. You sure you want him to operate?
Or an engineer who designed that bridge you need to go over cheated his way thru his tests.

As a bookseller, there were various sections in my store that we called the 'Woowoo' shelves. The Secret was shelved there.
I love this response!!!!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:49 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post

Ha, ha…woo woo shelves. Yeah I don't do well with that kind of stuff.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:04 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
I visualized not breaking a leg today and I didn't!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:27 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,349,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

Old 03-02-2016, 02:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, hiccup, hiccup. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:24 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,952,431 times
So many women I know recommended this book to me. They kept talking about making vision boards and daily affirmations. Not for me. Most of the visions boards I have seen or read about have pictures of mansions, money, lots of cash that they cut out from magazines. Not my kind of visions.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:31 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
Quote:
I think its a cool book.
It is a cool book!

Although it didn't change my life because I was already using these techniques before it came out. I relied on two other books to learn how to use the universal laws of manifestation: Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady, and Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. By the time The Secret came along, I had been using the basic principles to change my life for the better for a good 15+ years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books