Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:34 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Who isn't an outsider anymore? Who doesn't love Big Papi?

Doen't anybody remember John Rocker? Hint...not a Red Sox.
I'll see your john rocker and raise you a tom yawkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 03:39 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,653,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Who isn't an outsider anymore? Who doesn't love Big Papi?

Doen't anybody remember John Rocker? Hint...not a Red Sox.
Oh, yes. I remember him.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
New York Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia says black players expect racism in Boston

Old 05-05-2017, 04:49 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,263 times
*This is on point! Funny, intelligent, sarcastics.... But on point! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesneyfan1 View Post
Pros:
-lots of museums, cultural events, artsy things to do if you are into it. Tons of really cool events that happen, esp during the Summer months!
-fantastic public transportation. I know we all complain about it, but the MBTA is great compared to the transit in many states. Once you learn your way around, you can get around fairly easily.
-FANTASTIC food- I've never been anywhere with a better restaurant scene. When I move myself in a few months, I'll probably miss the food the most. I'd probably have to say the food here is my number one "pro"
-very diverse (if you live in the right areas of town)
-great schools/higher education opportunities
-very liberal....if you're a liberal person and open-minded, you will love our attitude of acceptance towards square pegs. :-)
-our sports teams ROCK and if you are passionate about pro-sports, there's no better place to live than Boston. We are so into it to the point where my friends who don't live in a city like Boston or NY think we are crazy

Cons:
-The biggie: OUTRAGEOUS cost of living. Next to impossible to find an affordable place to live...you need to either have a really decent paying job, live with roommates, or live in less than desirable areas to afford city living. everything here is way overpriced- gas, going out, etc. 7.00 for a draft beer in a downtown bar? Ridiculous.
-the next biggie: awful climate. Winters that never end. Hot and humid summers. Mays and Junes where all it does is rain. Unless you are the type of person who does not enjoy the beach and sunshine, you will probably hate it here (I do)
-Unfriendly people. Difficult to make new friends. I'm a very friendly, down to earth person and most people are intimidated or annoyed by that. If you are the type of person who talks to your local grocery clerk, then you will probably be turned off by the Boston attitude.
-attitude that boston is the "end all be all" of the world. I was born and raised here, have been back and forth since graduating college. For some reason, there seems to be this heir among people thinking that there is not a world outside of Boston...and if you're not from here, they are better than you.
-nightlife scene: if you are a real partier (Think South Beach Miami), you will be bored here. Clubs all close at 2am at the latest. Drinks are way overpriced (unless you are hanging out in dive bars on the outskirts of town)

Just my opinion.....for me, the high cost of living combined with the fact that I *HATE* bad weather is driving me out. But lots of people love it here. I guess it's just not for everyone! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston