Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:11 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Maybe they don't read City-Data but they use Google.

Hello? Did you read the comment you quoted? It comes up in searches and probably a lot of searches completely unrelated to City-Data.

The good ol "It can't happen to me" philosophy.
You have no idea. Have you ever been to Hammond St? I lived there for seven years, I know EVERYTHING about the freakin place. Go back to your google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
I can assure you all one thing. The jackasses one needs to wary about on Hammond St are most definitely not reading city data. The OP has nothing to worry about in that regard. They're looking for an old needle in Ramsay Park or peering into parked cars to see if there's any change there so they can get a nipper at Hollywood Liquors.
Of course, I wasn't necessarily talking about them. I was referring to troublemakers who may not live there but may see the OP's post and come a-knocking. Heck, it could even be some of her fellow Northeastern students. It's unlikely, but I for one wouldn't want to practically shout out on the internet, "hey, we're three scared, possibly foreign, girls living in the city!!! We're not from around here and stick out like sore thumbs!! Here's our general location, hope you don't narrow it down further!!! Oh, and here's the school we go to and the general hours we'll be walking home!!! Please don't rape and kill us!!" Like I said, it's unlikely, but why risk it if you're already wary?

I'm always rather vague about my personal info, rarely have pics of myself floating around, especially on C-D since I've already divulge so much info about myself already. Unfortunately, the OP not only doesn't seem to have much street smarts, but doesn't seem too internet savvy if she's giving out so much information in a thread about how scared she is living in her neighborhood.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:35 AM

605 posts, read 1,165,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancheu View Post
I rent an apt on Hammond St via Tremont St, but now we find that it's really a dangerous place....We are 3 female students from Northeastern University, and as we are graduate students, we should come back to home after 8 p.m. ( Fortunately we should do this only for twice a week......)

I think that we really do a bad decision to rent this apt....We find that there have 2 shooting near the apt in last month.......We are very afraid if we are killed on our way to home...

OMG, what can we do now? I pray anyone will help us...
This is the funniest post ever. Sorry if I'm not being sensitive. I mean, hey, you're a short walk from the hipper parts of the South End. Why complain? Enjoy your views of the PJs. Maybe get to the know the people in your neighborhood.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM

404 posts, read 904,768 times
My question is how do you get into a graduate program with such horrible english even if it isn't your native language?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM

7 posts, read 17,986 times
I saw the girl's message above...what places I have to avoid, I am planning to move to Boston next month and now make a research, thank you
P.S. I read the statistics, but I prefer advice from local people

Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoNV View Post
I saw the girl's message above...what places I have to avoid, I am planning to move to Boston next month and now make a research, thank you
P.S. I read the statistics, but I prefer advice from local people
You would be much better off creating your own thread with details about YOUR specific situation and requirements.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
My question is how do you get into a graduate program with such horrible english even if it isn't your native language?
Passing TOEFL score. Simple.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:09 PM

7 posts, read 17,986 times
[quote=eevee;31277326]You would be much better off creating your own thread with details about YOUR specific situation and requirements.
Thank you, waiting for the new office location of my husband, and maybe after that I have to ask for the places near...as far as I know the south is hot, but the north is cold literally

Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
the south is hot with bug and rain and rain. The North is winter cold but a money place to reside

Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Not sure how easy it is to obtain mace in this city. Perhaps others can advise on that.

Mace is actually illegal to possess without a license.

You need to apply for a license, and renew it yearly. It's a $25 fee, an application and interview at the local PD, and a wait of 40 days or more for background check, etc. It's not unheard of for the process to take 6 months or so.

That's the legal way to get it.

BUT, i do personally know quite a few people who have Mace without the proper permit. I've asked cop friends about this and they've said they have better things to do than harass young girls possessing mace to avoid getting raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston