Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:12 PM

9 posts, read 6,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I93 is horrible in the morning. However the distance from Malden/Melrose is short enough where it would be doable.
Good to know thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 06:17 PM

596 posts, read 818,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbostonian2016 View Post
According to my employer my meetings will be in the "greater Boston area" although I'm not sure what that entails. (im sorry! I'm from upstate ny). 2 days I will be at the office and then 3 days in different client homes throughout Boston. That's all I know.
That makes things much easier. Greater Boston is fairly easy to drive around if you aren't trying to travel during rush hour. You should look for a place where you can travel into the city via public transportation on those two days and then drive around the other days.

But your budget is still too low for living alone...

Old 07-18-2016, 06:21 PM

Hence my dilemma. As much as I would love to live in the city or just outside. I really don't want to live with someone, especially someone I don't know.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger07 View Post
But your budget is still too low for living alone...
It isn't really. Plenty of people live alone on that. It's just not something one can pull off coming from out of town and not being able to put in time to look for a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbostonian2016 View Post
Hence my dilemma. As much as I would love to live in the city or just outside. I really don't want to live with someone, especially someone I don't know.
Well, unless you had a couple of months to look for a place (and put in a bunch of time to do so) you're going to have to live further out or go to CL for a roommate. You could try subletting for a bit while you do a search.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:28 AM

Yeah. I have been looking online for apartments for the past few weeks. I have found a few that might work in the city, but I've also been looking outside the city, at least for when I first move there. Then I can have some time to find a better place.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:38 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,432,032 times
Framingham or Natick would be great, if you can find something in your budget.

I assume your employer pays expenses for your travel so driving in to Boston those 2 or 3 days per week should be no problem.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:41 AM

Yup! I have found a few in that area. I do get some money for travel as long as it's for the meetings. I'm going to Boston a week or so before the job starts so I can look at apartments in person and hopefully find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston