Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:28 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times

Advertisements

I'm going on a weekend trip to Boston with my friends next month (I'm from New York) and I was wondering about the nightlife.

Where are the best areas to go for nightlife? Does Boston have a wide variety of bars or are most of them kind of the same?

Shame about the 2AM last call though, I'm a night owl and love to stay out late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 05:17 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Well, what kinds of bars are yu looking for?

I just will answer according to what I would do personally: fenway has more than a few bars, lots of people go to Lansdowne street. Brighton Ave and harvard ave in Allston is the spot to be for people in their 20s. Another popular spot is downtown by Faneuil hall (can be fun but also very sloppy and douchey).

Old 03-24-2017, 06:44 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
If you want a mix of both nicer craft cocktail type vibe mixed with more divey, I would focus on Downtown Crossing/Chinatown/Theater District Area.

These are some of your options:

Yvonnes: Yvonne's Boston
JM Curley: jmCurley | 21 Temple Place – Boston, Massachusetts
Carrie Nation: Carrie Nation Restaurant and Cocktail Club
Stoddards: Stoddards Food and Ale
Silvertone: Silvertone Bar & Grill
W Lounge: http://www.wboston.com/w-lounge-boston
Highball Lounge: Highball Lounge Boston | Highball Boston
The Tam: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-tam-boston
Intermission Tavern: Welcome To The Intermission Tavern
Corner Pub: https://www.cornerpubboston.net/

That should keep you occupied for a night I'd say. Good thing also is that after you are done I assume you will want to get some late night food. Chinatown is where you will want to go. Places open later than 2am with good food are:

Peach Farm (Cantonese): Peach Farm
Double Chin (HK style cafe): Double Chin HK Cafe
New Golden Gate (Live Tank seafood): https://www.yelp.com/biz/new-golden-gate-boston-2

Old 03-24-2017, 08:15 AM

652 posts, read 750,554 times
Boston has a wide variety of bars. The 2AM last call is no problem - you just have to start drinking earlier.

The areas with the highest concentrations of bars are:
- Fanueil Hall (pretty touristy)
- Downtown Crossing/FiDi - mostly after work/pretheatre crowds and those bougey lounges that were mentioned
- Seaport - newer, usually upscale, some nice places with outdoor patios/roof decks in good weather
- Fenway/Garden areas - fun for pregame, usually full of hammered bro dudes after the games
- Allston around Washington Street - Lot of college kids
- Cross the river to the squares of Camberville - Central Square, Harvard Square, Davis Square, Porter Square, Union Square, Inman Square - hipster land
- Assembly Row sneaky becoming a good spot with several bars/restaurants opening including the Riverbar which has an awesome firepit
- Burbs but Moody Street in Waltham has a lot going on

Old 03-24-2017, 09:02 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Central Square in Cambridge is a good choice.. and if you get bored its a $8 cab over the bridge to South end.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:18 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
It depends on what you're looking for and how old you are.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:24 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Central Square in Cambridge is a good choice.. and if you get bored its a $8 cab over the bridge to South end.
Who still uses cabs? Uber/Lyft all the way.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:14 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,647,821 times
South End around Columbus and Tremont, if you are looking for fun beyond the undergrad scene and more sophisticated. Davis Square and Union in Somerville for more casual.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Who still uses cabs? Uber/Lyft all the way.
I don't like Uber and never use Lyft. I actually thought about hailing down a cab the other day.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I don't like Uber and never use Lyft. I actually thought about hailing down a cab the other day.
Uber is at my house in 4 minutes pretty consistently when I wanna go somewhere on weekends. Uber pool gets me pretty much anywhere for between 2.50 and 10 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston