Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed by the T?
Yes! 6 54.55%
Nope. 3 27.27%
Probably... 1 9.09%
Yes...but it was fun! 1 9.09%
YES..and I didn't like it! 2 18.18%
YEAH! I stopped riding the T AAAGES ago! 1 9.09%
I've never ridden the T, ever. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:26 AM

127 posts, read 163,459 times

Advertisements

I am a member of an online group called "I have been screwed by the T"! Members post their most interesting stories on there.
This is the description:

"Have you ever waited an hour for the T, in the cold, because there was a party on Ashford...and when the T finally came, it was packed full? Then when you finally got to the party, there was no beer? Have you ever been late for your midterm because the T never showed? Has the T ever left you running after it? Have you ever been yelled at by a sassy and bitter T operator? Have you ever had your face shoved in someone's armpit? Have you ever been violated on the T? Have you ever been almost killed by the T? Well then this is the group for you!

This is a real email sent by my friend's TA:

Dear all,

I have enclosed the answers for Ch2 and Ch3 in the attachment. I also made a
handout for CH3, which include the key materials for Ch3, please check the
detail in the lecture notes and find the answer for every point before the
exam.
I will be away the whole week (Feb 19-Feb 23) for my lawsuit case against
MBTA. MBTA caused the two main bones of my right ankle broken at summer
2005. I have to show up at the court for the trial. So I cannot teach
Tuesday Feb 19¡¯s discussion section, and there will be another TF substitute
me in the discussion section and office hours. If you have any other concern,
please do not hesitate to contact me.
Good luck with your midterm exam.

Best,"

I personally have seen DJ Nightrain, a black man wearing headphones, with rainbow teddy bears 'air dj-ing'. One time I was on the B line train with him and then a elderly old lady tried to enter through the door that he was standing in front of and he called her a few names and yelled at her to go to the front. One she got on he called her a CHEAPSKATE for trying to skimp out on the fare! It was kinda disturbing at first but it sure did make for an interesting ride. I have also heard stories of a man who completely washes his body in bleach!

So my question is what is the weirdest thing you've seen on the T and how did it affect your riding experience and your overall Boston experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 01:09 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
That's quite a spectacular story BC. I haven't had any quite so dramatic experiences. Yup waited in cold and rain, packed T's, once stuck on T cuz they couldn't close the door. The Worcester commuter rail line sometimes runs on the wrong track (as in the Inbound train will arrive on the outbound track and visa-versa. Listened to ignorant people's endless barrages using the N and F words as they yell on their cells as if no one else could hear them. Knee deep in trash at the Brigham circle stop. Choking on exhaust fumes on the commuter rail. Screwed? I guess not. Inconvenienced? No doubt.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,889 times
Actually, I've never been "screwed by the T." I was delayed in meeting friends for a movie one day due to the fact that somebody had committed suicide by jumping in front of our train. A bad day.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Speaking of the T, I had a weird experience on the T today. Somebody on the Orange Line was wearing a fish mask - like the creature from the black lagoon was riding the T. Rather weird I thought, but interesting and amusing. I was wondering if he was just wearing that mask to see how ridiculous one had to be to shake the zombies on the MBTA out of their stupor. Well at least I took a picture. Dammit, it came out blurry though. If you look carefully at the cropped resized contrasted inset, you can make out the greenish yellow fish face with the googly eyes, fins etc. What a dork, eh?

http://www.mediamax.com/colek98/Hosted/fish.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM

127 posts, read 163,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Speaking of the T, I had a weird experience on the T today. Somebody on the Orange Line was wearing a fish mask - like the creature from the black lagoon was riding the T. Rather weird I thought, but interesting and amusing. I was wondering if he was just wearing that mask to see how ridiculous one had to be to shake the zombies on the MBTA out of their stupor. Well at least I took a picture. Dammit, it came out blurry though. If you look carefully at the cropped resized contrasted inset, you can make out the greenish yellow fish face with the googly eyes, fins etc. What a dork, eh?

That's AMAZING!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:28 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post

Thats me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston