Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 02:18 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

https://universalhub.com/crime/20210...-woman-robbery

"Boston Police report arresting a man they say put his hands around a woman's neck during a robbery attempt at the Franklin Park golf course this afternoon.
Police say officers responded to the scene after getting 911 calls about gunfire - which turned out to be a shot fired, away from people, by a bystander who figured the gunfire would bring police to the scene faster.
According to police, the incident unfolded around 4:40 p.m."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 02:23 PM

608 posts, read 515,597 times
Instead of firing his gun up or down why didn't he fire into the woman's attacker? Someone trying to strangle another person would make it justifiable in my humble opinion.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:30 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
Instead of firing his gun up or down why didn't he fire into the woman's attacker? Someone trying to strangle another person would make it justifiable in my humble opinion.
IMO it wasn't the brightest move. If the guy had in fact been armed, that "warning shot" would have given him more than ample opportunity to get a shot off at him or the original victim. But than again, I'm sitting here behind the safety of my computer screen and it's hard to say what I would have done being caught in the middle of all that. And given the current pro-criminal climate (and this being Massachusetts), there's the chance he would be doing time for it even if he was entirely within his right. I shouldn't criticize. Kudos to him for stepping in, and also good to hear everybody is OK.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:41 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Its masssachusetts. He had to forfeit is gun and his license for the duraiton of this investigation. Imagine if he had shot him, or worse missed and shot the woman.

People who are woker than I in my social circle are LIVID about the crackdown on dirtbikes and shenanigans in Franklin Park. They blame gentrifiers and racism. Ive tried explaining that this is all illegal activity and you'll never find a pro-dirtbike mayor. but they do NOT want to hear any of it. Yesterday dirt bikers were throwing bricks at police cruisers Franklin Park. People are very upset and i think its gonna foster confrontational or lawless environment in and around the park.

People are too pent up with boredom now anger. The crime page isnt looking great.

https://universalhub.com/crime/home.html

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391643807033274369

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391797408443535368

The thing is you cant just shut FP down. You have to get all the green space or lightly populated thoroughfare in the hood:

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391655520671571969

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391514672998739968

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391489081759076354

Theyre even taking #bikelife to Coolidge Corner

https://twitter.com/stacos/status/1391493191740755975

Old 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,340,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
People who are woker than I in my social circle are LIVID about the crackdown on dirtbikes and shenanigans in Franklin Park. They blame gentrifiers and racism. Ive tried explaining that this is all illegal activity and you'll never find a pro-dirtbike mayor. but they do NOT want to hear any of it.
Do they live around Franklin Park?

Old 05-10-2021, 03:22 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Do they live around Franklin Park?
not immediately, but certainly pretty close. Some live closer to Cummins and American Legion. It's just young (POC) in Boston who hate this and dislike the mayor for telling people to report them. And it's a quasi viral thing at the moment. All comes down to a loathe for gentrifiers folks calling it "anti-gentrification tactics".

Lotta lotta deep-seeded resentment for the way the city has done us over the tears... that I 1000% understand.

BUT you cant get mad at people for enforcing sane laws, I worked at the Zoo for years I know it bothers the animals...they think that's a joke. They say we have festivals over there for 30+ years and now all of a sudden people are concerned about noise. Terrible argument, but there's no arguing with emotional people. Theyre blaming Janey but I guess that doesnt super matter because they barely vote in local election, but those that I know do- arent happy.

I keep saying-what mayor do you think is gonna let a pregnant woman get shot, EMT repsonse blocked by illegal motorbikes and won't at least say "hey report these folks"??? Thats not reality.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:40 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,115,788 times
Quote:
People who are woker than I in my social circle are LIVID about the crackdown on dirtbikes and shenanigans in Franklin Park. They blame gentrifiers and racism. Ive tried explaining that this is all illegal activity and you'll never find a pro-dirtbike mayor. but they do NOT want to hear any of it. Yesterday dirt bikers were throwing bricks at police cruisers Franklin Park. People are very upset and i think its gonna foster confrontational or lawless environment in and around the park.
]
I'm sorry but 3 generations of my family has lived there. I currently live off of Cummings. I frequently go visit friends and relatives in Quincy and Ashmont. I have to cut through that section. It is a god damn shame the way those people act. Taunting cars. Revving up next to families. Doing wheelies directly at your car. Riding on the sidewalk. Putting people in danger period. There have been several times where I almost felt inclined to mow into those morons when my wife was in the car and they are screaming dumb **** at her. And you know who would be staring at a judge if i did? not them. Tell your "woker than you friends" to grow up. Find a fu*ing hobby that doesn't involve terrorizing innocent people.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:58 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I'm sorry but 3 generations of my family has lived there. I currently live off of Cummings. I frequently go visit friends and relatives in Quincy and Ashmont. I have to cut through that section. It is a god damn shame the way those people act. Taunting cars. Revving up next to families. Doing wheelies directly at your car. Riding on the sidewalk. Putting people in danger period. There have been several times where I almost felt inclined to mow into those morons when my wife was in the car and they are screaming dumb **** at her. And you know who would be staring at a judge if i did? not them. Tell your "woker than you friends" to grow up. Find a fu*ing hobby that doesn't involve terrorizing innocent people.
That sounds awful. Why don't these folks head up to NH and go off-roading? Anywhere where there is more open space. Obviously these loons feel powerful on these bikes and want to intimidate others. Then when people complain about them it's like oh then you must be racist

Old 05-11-2021, 10:30 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Its masssachusetts. He had to forfeit is gun and his license for the duraiton of this investigation. Imagine if he had shot him, or worse missed and shot the woman.

Sadly you are right. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get the gun back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
That sounds awful. Why don't these folks head up to NH and go off-roading?
How would then get up there with them? Left lane on I-93 while riding a wheelie?

Old 05-11-2021, 10:38 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,790,414 times
Quote:
Or perhaps call 911? Traditionally, that is how most people alert the police to an emergency. But her, squeezing off a few rounds is more fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston