Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM

4 posts, read 20,179 times

Advertisements

Thanks for replies and info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 12,935 times
Hi maia,

there aint nothing special about massachusetts when you haved lived here all your life. But i hear worcester is in and out town to me does not look like much out there. Metro south is good and metro north has good commute with and without a vehicle. Good luck to you and your family

Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 PM

967 posts, read 4,789,357 times
One other issue I'm not sure if anyone mentioned is that you'll want to check what the regulations are for bringing a pet into the country. I know in some countries when you bring in a pet they have to be quarantined for a certain period of time before they're allowed to go home with you. My trainer told me they were told they'd need to do this with their dog, even though he was up to date on all his shots but I honestly don't recall if that was when she was moving to the UK or from the UK to the US.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM

29 posts, read 88,047 times
I would recommend the towns of...:

Shrewsbury: closest to worcester, small charming new england town feel with access to everything from shopping to day care to hospitals. good school system. decent highway access, although if your looking for a faster commute to Boston in this area, you'll want to be along the Massachusetts Turnpike. def. within your price range.

Grafton: great access to the Mass Pike from central MA. access to exit 11 will have you into boston in 35 minutes (no traffic). good school systems and right to the southeast of Worcester (the town itself borders the city). def. within your price range

Westboro/Northboro: Nice towns, north of the mass pike so not the BEST access to boston (although rt. 9/rt. 20 do offer a straight-shot approach, although it's lined with red-lights.) Good school district. most likely within your pricerange

Southboro: closer to boston, a little more 'uppity' if you know what i mean. great schools, nice 'classic' new england feel. one downfall...no DIRECT access to highways.

basically, if your husband is working in worcester and you want him to have an easy commute to work while still having good access to Boston, the towns along/within the Mass. Pike, I-290 & I-495 triangle should all be good fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston