Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times

Advertisements

It sounds like you would like the Old Town neighborhood. Have you been to Longmont and driven through any neighborhoods? If so, which did you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
I'm sorry if it came off like all of us were giving you parenting advice. I wasn't trying to do that and I doubt the others were. It's just that I remember what I thought it would be like when my daughter was born vs. what is was like actually like. She, and her sister, have been awesome, but no part of the last 10 years has been like I thought it would pre kid.

I'm sure you will be fine anywhere you pick. It's only for the next 3-5 years, and then you move to Denver.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
OP, do a search on here regarding Longmont. There are a lot of threads that talk about it, what different neighborhoods are like, etc.

We've lived here 14 years and love it. There are great parks, bike paths, community activities, etc.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidow View Post
I

I know Longmont is suppose to be a sleepy town and hard to make friends,
I have never heard that it is hard to make friends in Longmont, and I don't believe it is true.

Longmont is great. Lots and lots of young families, so in that sense you would fit right in. I met tons of people when I had a baby. Just go to the parks (Longmont has wonderful parks) and you will meet plenty of people with kids. Longmont has so many family activities and resources.

I am a broken record, but I love old town. Love the walkability of it, the old neighborhoods, the cafes, library, post office. Longmont is bike-friendly which is great. Check out Bike Night which is every Wednesday evening in the warmer months.

Longmont is slow on the restaurant scene, but I am hopeful that there are good things to come. In the mean time, Sugarbeet is fantastic, Comida is truly delicious, and Harold's Bayonet Lounge is freaking awesome if you like a good cocktail. I am looking forward to Joe's rooftop bar this summer. And of course we have Left Hand and Oskar Blues.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM

DressageRider, we went to Joe's a couple of weeks ago and had a horrible experience. Was wondering if you had been and maybe they are working on things.

Let's just say, at this point we won't go back. Pumphouse needs to get a rooftop!

Where is Harold's Bayonet Lounge? Never been there.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:28 PM

377 posts, read 1,054,388 times
Really? That is too bad. We went once, immediately after it opened. Things were a little rough service-wise, but the food was good. It is owned by the owner of Two Dog Diner which we really like and frequent regularly, so we have hopes that it will be good.

Harold's is where Fusion used to be on Ken Pratt. The Bayonet Lounge is the cocktail bar. They mix some very good, but pricey cocktails.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 PM

We might have to try that out.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 AM

48 posts, read 245,193 times
We moved to Longmont about six months ago and we love it.

We've been impressed with the quality of local businesses and restaurants and that seems to be getting better, with at least one new brewery planning to open this year (300 Suns), a 2nd location of Boulder's Lucky's Market and who knows what else.

I'd say that the only thing about Longmont that gives me pause is that cross town traffic patterns make it hard to get around the city. I would suggest using something like Google maps to chart the sorts of businesses that you're likely to use and then search out a home closer to those businesses. Thankfully, access to I-25 is pretty good from either end of town.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM

15 posts, read 16,754 times
Longmont is pretty decent, Lucidow. There are definitely areas that could use some improvement, but there are also tons of houses that are on the mend. Downtown Longmont is lovely- very walk-friendly with little restaurants and shops, and the city puts on a lot of great community events throughout the year. I live in Erie and am up there pretty often. Do you have specific questions?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM

936 posts, read 2,068,882 times
CHUburger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area