Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:25 PM

111 posts, read 110,801 times

Advertisements

Would you live in BOULDER If?

- Housing opportunity in Boulder, amazing neighborhood, 3/2 Townhouse 1700ft2, rent $1,800 best area of Boulder, elegantly furnished, there are some designer pieces, landlord is leaving the country next week unexpectedly and needs a good landlord to take care of his property, very very nice decent man, very flexible / easy going landlord in terms of requirements to move in and housing rules..

- I do work from home but need to travel to Denver Tech twice a week, what worries me is the traffic.

Not sure what to do, any advise? Or should I get a house closer to Denver?

Any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 03:32 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Well, Google maps says from the center of Denver to the center of Boulder is currently 40 mins. I'm sure it varies a bit depending on traffic and also depending on where exactly your home will be and where in Denver you'll be for work, but in generally I would say it is very doable when it's only twice a week. For me personally, I would never commute more than an hour.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:46 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagifted View Post

- Housing opportunity in Boulder, amazing neighborhood, 3/2 Townhouse 1700ft2, rent $1,800 best area of Boulder, elegantly furnished, there are some designer pieces, landlord is leaving the country next week unexpectedly and needs a good landlord to take care of his property, very very nice decent man, very flexible / easy going landlord in terms of requirements to move in and housing rules..

- I do work from home but need to travel to Denver Tech twice a week, what worries me is the traffic.

Not sure what to do, any advise? Or should I get a house closer to Denver?

Any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate
Denver Tech Center is at least 90 minutes from Boulder during rush hour.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:55 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagifted View Post
I do work from home but need to travel to Denver Tech twice a week, what worries me is the traffic.
You should be worried about traffic.
I vote NO to commuting from Boulder even if it's only twice a week. Why put yourself through that? My BF commuted from Boulder to the Tech Center in the late 90s and it was a nightmare way back then. There are plenty of great places to live in Denver. You'll find something.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:55 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Denver Tech Center is at least 90 minutes from Boulder during rush hour.
Ah, you're right, I hadn't noticed he said Denver Tech - with it being so far south of center city, I would say no, don't live in Boulder. It's only twice a week but it would still be a massive headache. Unless it's like your dream to live in Boulder, there are plenty of other nice places to live that would be closer.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:08 AM

Thank you guys, i dont mind liberals, just the distance.....

Old 08-27-2016, 01:03 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
If your goal is to be close to the mountains, there are many nice areas in the southwest quadrant that will still place you within a 30 - 45 min drive to the tech center. If you're looking for something with a small town feel, you may like Morrison, although it's not remotely like Boulder.,

Old 08-27-2016, 01:36 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,625 times
Tough one: this is very cheap rent you are getting. If you do need 3/2 town home type place, this price will be hard to beat in a nice-ish neighborhood in Denver. If you like Boulder in general, it's a very good deal.
But! It's a hellish commute to Tech Center, even for twice a week. If I had to do it, I would not drive it, I would do bus/light rail combo - there are a lot of people doing it. I used to take what used to be HX and now is FF4 bus to Denver, and there was a sizable crowd getting off at Stout street and walking straight to the light rail stop. One other thing - most of them were on calls the entire time they were on the bus, so they actually worked while commuting.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:37 PM

OhioToCO I like to drive nor sure how would i feel taking the bus, specially in the winter time... as much as I like to drive, its not fun being stuck in traffic.... and yes I agree its very cheap for the area and landlord is great but.....

Old 08-28-2016, 05:14 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
It's too far from Denver too and the new toll road nah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area