Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM

31 posts, read 202,572 times

Advertisements

What is the area just west of 4th street generally called ... the more mountainous area with more land around the homes? Roads such as Boulder Canyon Dr and Sunshine Canyon Dr? When I think about making a move to the Boulder area, one of the questions I ponder is if I will want to live in a traditional neighborhood, or something with a more remote feel with better views of the mountains and more land around me. Can anybody give me an object good and bad of what it's like to live in this part of Boulder?

Tx!
Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,127,763 times
You answered your own question. The area west of Boulder up Boulder Canyon is Boulder Canyon, and west on Mapleton is Sunshine Canyon.
(I'm not being a smart@ss, that's the truth.) There are no mountain views when you live in Boulder Canyon.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM

14 posts, read 73,731 times
Living just outside of the Nederland area, I think that every view after you head west out of Boulder has a better mountain view. It could be a glass half-empty, glass half-full kind of thing. It is awesome, but also more work. It is worth the trouble, though!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,127,763 times
I asked a realtor friend what term she uses for the west side of Boulder. She calls it the western Boulder foothills. There are several areas that may fit your criteria that are close to Boulder: Magnolia, Boulder Heights, Pinebrook Hills, Lefthand Canyon, Crestview Estates. Most of those areas won't have real mountain views until you get higher up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area