Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times

Advertisements

By Mark Vester

There appears to be some legit bad blood for the proposed June fight between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko and former cruiserweight champ David Haye. Vitali became enraged after he saw a photo in a mens health magazine of Haye laughing while holding a decapitated head of younger brother Wladimir Klitschko. After Vitali saw the photo, he told family members that he was going to make Haye pay for crossing the line. The two fighters reached an agreement last weekend in Germany. The contracts still have to be signed.

Vitali confronted Haye in Germany, while the two fighters sat ringside at the SAP Arena to watch Wladimir demolish Hasim Rahman last Saturday night. Vitali told Haye that he crossed the line. Haye responded by telling Vitali that he was going to knock him out.

"I admit that I was shocked with what I saw in the Men’s Health magazine and my wife even felt unwell," Vitali told Russian media members. "It is difficult to describe my feelings at the moment. There is David Haye on the photo laughing with the head of my brother. I came to David of course and said that it was too blatant and that he overstepped the mark. But, as a response, I got the words that he would beat my brother and then me. "

Vitali will show no mercy when he meets Haye in the ring. He plans to bring a very "cold heart" to the ring.

"I will reply for my brother. He must pay for this photo. I seldom feel inclined to fight but, this time, I will enter the ring with a cold heart. You know lots of people said that they would knock my brother and me out. But it is well known what happened to them, the same would happen with Haye," Vitali said.

Vitali Klitschko: "I Will Knock Haye Out For Wladimir" - Boxing News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 05:17 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
All hype. Despite the words, Vitali is about as emotional as a pet rock. When the fight starts he will be his usual, mechanical, robotic self. His suceess against Haye will depend on how talented Haye is in overcoming Vitali's size advantage.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,703,033 times
I can't stand the soviet Klitsckos. I want someone to knock them both where they belong which is in retirement. Unfortunately I dont think Haye won't be the guy to do it.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
I can't stand the soviet Klitsckos. I want someone to knock them both where they belong which is in retirement. Unfortunately I dont think Haye won't be the guy to do it.
Lol, I'm the opposite; I love the Klitschkos. They're like machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing