Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 AM

475 posts, read 1,500,034 times

Advertisements

Time for me to go home. We drove to Helena from Bozeman yesterday, the country is really spectacular!
Was able to accomplish almost everything I set out to do. My daughter is all settled in, bank account opened, MT. driver's license, MT permenent plates on the car, found one roommate, (but we need one more), refrigerator and cabinets stocked with food, car emergency kit in place. So... time for me to head home.
MT. is a gorgious place, the people are very kind and friendly.
Thank you everyone for the advice and help along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 05:29 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,689,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
Time for me to go home. We drove to Helena from Bozeman yesterday, the country is really spectacular!
Was able to accomplish almost everything I set out to do. My daughter is all settled in, bank account opened, MT. driver's license, MT permenent plates on the car, found one roommate, (but we need one more), refrigerator and cabinets stocked with food, car emergency kit in place. So... time for me to head home.
Oh my gosh, best of luck to you and yours, we were so happy to help in anyway.
Think of us when you are in the nice warm waters, maybe your daughter might want to join and post some.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:59 AM

519 posts, read 1,378,409 times
Hope you have a safe trip home, its been really neat and fun to follow you and your daughters posts, I hope that you and/or your daughter continue to post to keep us all updated. Best wishes for your daughter on her new and wonderful adventure.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,005,541 times
It's great to hear of your progress! It would be nice to have you stay in touch.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,128,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
.After you get settled in 'back home' and 'unwind', maybe you would let us know about some of the following:........................................ .How did you and the daughter like the Subaru?...... What did you and she think of the town of Bozeman?.....How about the cost of those Montana License Plates?And.............will you be coming to visit this summer? I'm guessing maybe more than once, Hee Hee............Good luck to you both........................Griz

Old 01-21-2010, 05:35 PM

The Suburu is great, unfortunately we really couldn't give it a real test in bad weather due to the warm weather. Best we could do was find some side streets and parking lots that had some packed snow / ice. It seemed to handle well. After I added the bag of sand, my daughter thought she could feel a difference in handling.

Sunday we drove up to Bridger Ski Lodge, so she got a "little" feel for driving outside of town. And than we had the drive to Helena.

The Town of Bozeman, seemed very nice, I must say I was surprised when I went into the Sears at the Gallatin Mall, expecting to buy jumper cables and emergency supplies for the car. Sears was a bit smaller than I am use to, but bigger than the one in Beeville, Texas (that one was a catalog pick up center - but that was 30 + years ago, and I am sure it has grown since than.

Seemed like there were a lot of banks and jewelery stores on Main Street. But there was also an Ace Hardware -

Also tried Bison Meatloaf - which was a first for me. I have had alot of game such a Deer, Wild Boar, Antelope, Mountain Goat - along with small game but never Bison. It was very good.

Oh yes those vehicle plate costs - definately are attention getters.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 PM

10 posts, read 51,586 times
How much are the plates to get?

Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 AM

I think it depends on the vehicle - the Suburu was $380

Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 AM

519 posts, read 1,378,409 times
Is it the same through all of Montana or is different for each city for plates??

Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Is it the same through all of Montana or is different for each city for plates??
I don't know, we were told by the car dealership that the plates could possibly be $500.00. However MT, does not have sales tax. Sales Tax in FL would have been about $1,400.00, the plates would have been about $58.00 - so for us the $380.00 was a savings; but when / if my daughter comes back to FL, she will have to pay tax on the vehicle at the time she gets it registered in FL, I don't know how much that will be.

If she stays in MT, I don't know if it will be $380.00 each year, or if that is just the initial registration fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman