Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 AM

207 posts, read 687,675 times

Advertisements

Guess I didn't make myself clear...and sorry I even asked such a question...however here's the deal......we are already taking a 100,000 dollar less, and on top of that, we've been offered an additionia 30K loss. At that rate it would behoove us to keep the house and use it for our second home.

Again, thanks for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 PM

403 posts, read 1,580,485 times
That's probably why no one's selling houses, is because people aren't accepting offers that they get from homeowners who are looking to buy. Something's better than nothing.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:27 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,654,361 times
Need more information in order to state an opinion that's even close to being meaningful

Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,233,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
You are exactly right, all those people who fantasized they were all of a sudden rich, can't accept the fact it has disappeared. I get a news letter in my door every month by a local realtor with what is for sale and the prices never change. People asking $450,000 for a place that for a brief moment in time they may have gotten that, can't let go of the dream.

They say things like, "I will just wait for the market to come back". It ain't coming back, it never existed in the first place. Some of the lucky ones did actually get those prices but it is too late and long gone now. People need to take a hard reality check and decide if they really want to sell or live in a fantasy. Those imagined riches.
I see the same thing. Too many sellers refuse to leave Fantasy Island.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
Nothing would make me happier than to see home values drop 50% or more, it would mean that I could STAY in Florida instead of running away.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 PM

11 posts, read 26,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuir View Post
they offered 30K less then what we paid for it.....I'm dumbfounded.

Has it not dawned on you that perhaps you may have paid too much for your property?

Try reducing the price and see if that helps, haven't you seen condos in Miami being auctioned for half price?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:44 PM

11 posts, read 26,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You'll find that, when you ask on this Florida message board about selling your home and wondering why it's not selling, some people will thrive on jumping on you, you will probably get sarcastic remarks.
This is due to the arrogance and greed of sellers. Unless you live with your head in the sand you know the property market is in decline, and it has a long way to decline. Then you wonder why your place is not selling..............

Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,172 times
LOL - I work with arrogance and greed, and this ain't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalitee View Post
This is due to the arrogance and greed of sellers. Unless you live with your head in the sand you know the property market is in decline, and it has a long way to decline. Then you wonder why your place is not selling..............

Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,172 times
I think she does realize something like that. She's reduced the price $100,000 already. She's not in Miami--that's a different market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicalitee View Post
Has it not dawned on you that perhaps you may have paid too much for your property?

Try reducing the price and see if that helps, haven't you seen condos in Miami being auctioned for half price?

Old 10-08-2007, 05:19 PM

207 posts, read 687,675 times
To all of you....I guess I asked the wrong question...not expecting to be made to sound like a money grabber. All I really wanted to know is, if anyone was having any luck selling their house in that area.

From most of the replies seems like the answer is NO, and if you don't have a house on the market, you're really mad that you can't afford to buy one....at any price.

Sorry I bother you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County