Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2023, 11:05 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times

Advertisements

It's a medical appointment and we don't have the option of a car now. Looked up Greyhound but they only have one daily route and it arrives an hour after the appointment.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 12:32 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Are you senior citizens and/or veterans?

Old 10-18-2023, 07:39 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Book a shuttle from MCO. Airport Canaveral charges $20 for a ride from the airport to the cruise ship terminal but will also take you to any of the hotels in Cocoa. The buses out there aren't the best but they run every hour. It would take about 2 hours on the local buses to get from Cocoa to Titusville.

Not sure where you're coming from or where you're going but you're probably looking at an 8 hour adventure door-to-door in each direction. If your appointment is in the morning you're probably better off getting there the day before and getting a hotel somewhere near your doctor.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:00 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Are you senior citizens and/or veterans?
My brother is 58 so I don't know if that makes him one!
Why do you ask?

Old 10-23-2023, 01:49 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
My brother is 58 so I don't know if that makes him one!
Why do you ask?
Sorry for wading in on this thread. I just happened to spot the name Orlando and something about getting there without a car. I had talked to a friend recently who needed to shuttle between Orlando and Cocoa Beach. She mentioned that there were multiple options. Sorry, I don't recall the name of the company she used.

Many but not all businesses offer senior discounts. However, the definition of "senior" varies from one company to another. The age at which one company considers you a senior, another may not. 58 is pretty young. You'd need to call the businesses and ask whether they offer senior or veteran discounts and how to qualify for them.

I did a quick web search for limo/shuttle/jump van service companies operating in and around Titusville/Orlando. Several names popped up. You could also take Greyhound to Orlando the day before the appointment, stay overnight, take a cab to the appointment the next day, then take Greyhound home later in the day if the return schedule works out.

There might be a way to offset some of the travel costs. Check with your health insurance provider. They may reimburse travel expenses if the medical service you need isn't available within some specified distance from where you live in.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-23-2023 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County