Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 06:33 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,786,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
How is it going downhill? Location-specific or generally?
I'm not impressed with the location in Irondequoit. The produce section is far too small for a supermarket. It really needs a larger location. Generally I shop at the Webster location on the way home from work unless I just need to pick up one or two items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 07:18 AM

5,711 posts, read 4,106,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
I'm not impressed with the location in Irondequoit. The produce section is far too small for a supermarket. It really needs a larger location. Generally I shop at the Webster location on the way home from work unless I just need to pick up one or two items.

There are 2 Wegmans in Irondequoit. I assume you're talking about the one on Ridge Rd? That's an old store in a bad location. I've only been in it a couple of times and didn't like it comparatively. I doubt that replacing that store is even on Wegmans radar.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:00 PM

19 posts, read 14,840 times
Every Wegmans I go into is unbearably loud these days, it's bad enough that I have to wear noise canceling headphones in the store sometimes. The only Whole Foods that I am aware of in Erie county plays music at an acceptable level and seems to lack the customers screaming and shouting in one another's faces so it's a far more mellow shopping experience for me. The old DMV building parking lot is kind of dark and rough if you enter off of Bailey Avenue, the curb cut/entrance may be hard to find at dusk/dark or my eyes could be getting bad. I mostly eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and eggs and they cost around the same at Whole Foods as Wegmans except for eggs; I don't get the fancy kind and while they have gone up a lot in price in this decade you can still get a dozen or so white jumbo eggs at Wegmans for around $2.09 most of the time. I think they come from a farm in Clarence called Kreher's. Whole Foods does seem kind of dead when I go, I hope they do well enough to stay open.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:36 PM

93,419 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherOneOfThese View Post
Every Wegmans I go into is unbearably loud these days, it's bad enough that I have to wear noise canceling headphones in the store sometimes. The only Whole Foods that I am aware of in Erie county plays music at an acceptable level and seems to lack the customers screaming and shouting in one another's faces so it's a far more mellow shopping experience for me. The old DMV building parking lot is kind of dark and rough if you enter off of Bailey Avenue, the curb cut/entrance may be hard to find at dusk/dark or my eyes could be getting bad. I mostly eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and eggs and they cost around the same at Whole Foods as Wegmans except for eggs; I don't get the fancy kind and while they have gone up a lot in price in this decade you can still get a dozen or so white jumbo eggs at Wegmans for around $2.09 most of the time. I think they come from a farm in Clarence called Kreher's. Whole Foods does seem kind of dead when I go, I hope they do well enough to stay open.
Interesting...I’ve never noticed unbearable noise at the Syracuse locations I usually go to(Taft Rd., Route 11, James St. and Onondaga Boulevard), but this may be an issue specific to the stores in the Buffalo area or the select stores you may go to.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:05 PM

6,430 posts, read 4,926,582 times
I have noticed that as well. There is too loud for me, piped in music at the Alberta Road location IMHO.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Could it be echoes, due to the high ceilings?

Old 12-01-2019, 08:00 PM

19 posts, read 14,840 times
Well whatever it is the no less than 3 different radios blasting in the store that I often go to surely do not help one bit. That location has been known for having many elderly customers who are downright abusive to employees so their patience is understandably thin. Just about every single place you shop or eat out in these days has the loud music thing going on and I am guessing that employees who dare turn it down probably face sharp reprimands and/or termination. Countering noisy HVAC is a valid reason for non stop music but it doesn't have to be borderline dangerously loud to mask these sounds.

Last edited by anotherOneOfThese; 12-01-2019 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-01-2019, 09:26 PM

3,581 posts, read 3,084,096 times
Quote:
Well whatever it is the no less than 3 different radios blasting in the store that I often go to surely do not help one bit. That location has been known for having many elderly customers who are downright abusive to employees so their patience is understandably thin. Just about every single place you shop or eat out in these days has the loud music thing going on and I am guessing that employees who dare turn it down probably face sharp reprimands and/or termination. Countering noisy HVAC is a valid reason for non stop music but it doesn't have to be borderline dangerously loud to mask these sounds.
Wow. My only complaints about our Wegman's are that is it's too popular and I wish their prices could be a little lower. I made the mistake of going on a Sunday before kickoff, and every checkout lane was open with a wait line.

There is no reason that I have to go to the Whole Foods. In my old residence I was between 2 Whole Foods markets, and I think I only shopped there about 4 times in 10 years. Between Dash's, Wegmans, and Lexington there are enough places to get "specialty" items without going to WF. The new Dash's store is like a less crowded mini-Wegmans, with a better bakery.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:

I'm going to have to call you out on this one. No, Wegmans doesn't play their music loudly, and their HVAC is always in good repair. The only time there would be 3 different radios would be when the "night crew" is restocking the shelves, and they have a radio next to them, and I've never heard it blasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area