Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,766,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
So after all this time I come back to the Buffalo forum to discover the Buffalunatics are still living in their dream world. Even if they somehow stop fighting long enough to bring cars back to Main Street, the fact that no one wants to live there ensures that Main Street will continue to be the deserted wasteland it has been for decades. "West Coast Perspective", you're out west for a reason. And you aren't coming back if they put cars on Main Street. It's a hilarious picture though... let's see... we have the summer attire which is appropriate maybe 25 percent of the year, we have the different ethnicities interacting in harmony together which doesn't happen in Buffalo, the delivery guy delivering packages to the businesses which will never come back. Why can't you people just accept that Buffalo has had its day, and it's time to MOVE ON!!

Date: April 27, 2909

Scientific explorers recently discovered the ruins of what seems to be a lost city on the eastern shore of Lake Erie. They have unearthed the crumbled foundations of what seems to be once great buildings. The scientists believe the buildings comprised of the center of the lost city of Buffalo, named perhaps by the French for the once beautiful stream that flowed by, and deserted some 800 years ago for unknown reasons. The scientists only have an assumption for the desertion and it is that life became too harsh in that region for humans to inhabit in and they went to sunnier and warmer places.

Yeah you really believe this will happen don't you?

There are endless possibilities in this new world we live in. I mean, for years no one could have imagined that an African American would become president and here we have a Black President. For years people thought the Boston Red Sox would not break their curse but they did and are now doing quite well (I'm no Sox fan by the way, for other reasons). For years people thought the Cold War would never end but it did. You get the point. Buffalo might rise to glory once again and it might not but there is no hurt in trying. Its just thoughts like yours that will propel your fellow Buffalonians to work harder to improve their city and prove you wrong. Then once the city is bustling again, they shall see if you will like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Date: April 27, 2909

Scientific explorers recently discovered the ruins of what seems to be a lost city on the eastern shore of Lake Erie. They have unearthed the crumbled foundations of what seems to be once great buildings. The scientists believe the buildings comprised of the center of the lost city of Buffalo, named perhaps by the French for the once beautiful stream that flowed by, and deserted some 800 years ago for unknown reasons. The scientists only have an assumption for the desertion and it is that life became too harsh in that region for humans to inhabit in and they went to sunnier and warmer places.

Yeah you really believe this will happen don't you?

There are endless possibilities in this new world we live in. I mean, for years no one could have imagined that an African American would become president and here we have a Black President. For years people thought the Boston Red Sox would not break their curse but they did and are now doing quite well (I'm no Sox fan by the way, for other reasons). For years people thought the Cold War would never end but it did. You get the point. Buffalo might rise to glory once again and it might not but there is no hurt in trying. Its just thoughts like yours that will propel your fellow Buffalonians to work harder to improve their city and prove you wrong. Then once the city is bustling again, they shall see if you will like it.
I second your post times 2000. What a great, insightful response!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 PM

639 posts, read 1,071,547 times
You Buffalonians are funny. This distinguishes you from the residents of the other rust belt cities with no future. People from Flint, Michigan do not talk about the endless possibilities. Instead they act like Michael Moore.

At any rate, people voted for Obama because he was qualified, and the Red Sox won the World series because they were the best team. Buffalo is neither. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but really your energies are better spent elsewhere. May I recommend Phoenix, Arizona? I hear it doesn't snow there.

Last edited by Genghis; 04-27-2009 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 994 times
I AM A buffalonian to the core.. and to be honest the reason why we cannot get ahead is because of us.. we sit around and wait for something to fall out the sky.. however the only ones who care about buffalo and what happens to buffalo are the ones who are still here and who have not abandoned us. so the only ones who can fix buffalo is us the ones who are stuck here. lets stop spending our money in the burbs because that money does not come back to the west side, east side or babcock.. we have to take notes from the local arab community.. they recycle there money amongst each other.. we need unity.. and we need to forget about a bailout. we are not general motors or ford.. wedo not drive the economy so obama can care less about buffalo... LETS GET IT

Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,347,388 times
First let's secede from NYS, making Buffalo the largest city in the state, reduce taxes, spend our money in the city...

Being an urban developer as well as a Buffalo photographer, I look to make our fair city look good - not that it's that perfect now, but I can assure you I am out for a change in the community. In all seriousness I look to transform the Queen City with the help of our strong, true Buffalonians. This city won't grow with the corrupt politicians who are in power over in Albany, using our taxes to benefit NYC. It's time we become our own state and grow/prosper on our prestigious location with the strong, overwhelming potential that lies in our own backyard.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 PM

259 posts, read 888,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but really your energies are better spent elsewhere. May I recommend Phoenix, Arizona? I hear it doesn't snow there.
And it doesn't reach 115 degrees in Buffalo. I'll take the snow.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:28 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,185 times
They hate us, yet they cant stay away......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area