Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 10:30 PM

25 posts, read 83,309 times

Advertisements

So the questions is... do they exists? I'm possibly moving to burlington in a month (assuming my job interview goes well) and I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Coming from Utah I have had no issues with finding pet friendly places, even very nice places in the nicer parts of salt lake city. But as I am doing a little rental hunting in burlington there does not seem to be many options. What site is the best to search on? craigslist? burlingtonrent.com? Others? Any there any main rental agencies that I could talk to? I have excellent references and am willing to pay more a month and more in a deposit. And no i will ABSOLUTELY NOT give up my animals, so don't be a jerk and suggest it! Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,270,631 times
Sorry, pet friendly rentals are really hard to come by.
You can try Larkin Realty - they are a large property management group with quite a few apartment complexes.
LARKIN REALTY
the Burlington Free Press classifieds is another place I would be looking.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,663,056 times
Avoid Craigslist, there are many reputable listings, but you will have no idea what is legit and what isn't. A few months ago I posted about my step-sons experience. He had someone show him an apartment and loved the place. He bought his girlfriend back in the evening to see it and ran into the actual person living there (it was not for rent). This guy somehow had keys to someones apartment. It was reported, but the guy was never located. I would stick with the more reputable listings.
Having pets is a huge deterrent in this city. The way the rental laws are written and the speed of the legal system with a problem tenant, it is easier to refuse pets. The one option you have are Winooski Luxury Apartment Rentals | Rentals Near Burlington VT | Burlington Area | Keens Crossing. The apartments are fairly expensive, but they take pets. The one issue is they charge rent per pet you own. I'm not sure if the rate is still the same. I had a friend that rented their temporarily and she was charged $50.00/pet/month. It's not impossible to find a rental that accepts pets, but it can take a while. Make sure you physically look at the place before you commit if you find a place. Some places that are willing to accept pets are dumps (that is why they don't care one way or the other in the first place).

Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the advice! I will keep looking.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 PM

190 posts, read 652,600 times
Apartments that take in pets will generally either be very high-end and expensive or completely horrid. A lot of places will take in one small pet, but having as many as you do will make it very, very difficult. I would start looking immediately because it can sometimes take over a month to find an apartment even without pets. Burlington has one of the tightest rental markets in the country. I wouldn't completely rule out Craigslist, but since you are not in a position to check out the apartment before you arrive I would be extremely cautious of scams. Probably your best bet is going to be an apartment complex or condo unit, rather than an individual building right downtown.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks. I've kind of thought maybe I should just buy a house instead...

Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,708 times
Hello Jessicadwr, I see that this was posted 2 years ago and I was wondering if you had any luck? We are in the same situation. We have two dogs, and have been looking for months for a place, most of them are to expensive, and the ones we can afford are horrible! I was just wondering if you had any luck?! Is there hope for us? LOL

Old 09-21-2014, 04:15 PM

11 posts, read 35,470 times
We lived in an apartment complex called Stonewood in South Burlington for about 1.5 years. It's practically brand new and the location is great. They take pets but I'm not sure if they limit how many. We also lived in Keen's Crossing for a year and it was fine. We liked Stonewood better.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,249 times
Posting this here as it was relevant to the Original Poster's concern. If you don't mind paying PER PET, PER MONTH, then this complex might be an option for people. They charge $35 a month per pet. I'm about to move to Burlington/Winooski/Williston area myself with a dog and anywhere really that is within the greater Burlington area even St. Albans!

[url=http://www.apartments.com/quarry-hill-club-condo-apartments-south-burlington-vt/d14qlrk/]Quarry Hill Club Condo Apartments[/url]

In case the link is timed out or doesn't work the name of the apartments is:

Quarry Hill Club Condo Apartments
376 Quarry Hill Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403

I'm sure they have other size Bedroom and Bath structures but I was looking for 2/2 so I came across that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT