Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 11:50 AM

605 posts, read 336,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
My wife is a photographer and cares liability insurance. Think about that. Crap happens. Businesses are sued every day.

You are probably accounting for your business as a sole proprietor which means all your personal assets are up for grabs. I am not trying to scare you, just show you reality. I own three businesses and all of them have liability coverage.
I'll check in this, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 11:52 AM

Here's another update. This is my personal record keeping system until I can afford another mac. This one I bought from CL and it wont download excel

Going pretty good. Thanks again to those jerks who ruined my couponing thread with their trolling and criminal minds. I love you guys

They made couponing not as desire-able (why i cannot tell you)
I wouldn't have looked into this!!!
Made twice as much in the last 2 days, up to $32 a day.

Creeping along here...
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a small side business they do just for extra spending money?-screen-shot-2018-11-20-10.45.56  

Old 11-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Another update for myself. I am very happy with my sales

I began on the 11th of this month.
It's the 26th today.
So this thread is about my beginning date.

Sales are attached
per the ebay calculator, I have it set at 52% profit for each item- https://salecalc.com/
The extra 2% is cushion makes up for any scammers though I've had none
I've had to make a trip to buy more inventory

Dividing selling price by 2 leaves slightly over 50% profit
I'm averaging $22.43 profit per day so far which comes to $336.49 a mo.

Some products at a 55-60% profit so those more than make up for the multiple boxes i bought
which I am only making about a 47% profit and those will take some months to sell
But they are selling, just slower...

I will get better at choosing the supplements which sell faster and at a higher margin.
Not recognizing their brands, I didn't stock up enough on those and ran out

Next month, it should realistically be closer to $425 mo or $5100 yr which we can place in an IRA
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a small side business they do just for extra spending money?-screen-shot-2018-11-26-8.39.51  

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 11-26-2018 at 10:17 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 09:00 AM

23 days in....$537 profit/ $1075.35 sales
51% profit or in other words, I pay taxes on half of these sales.

After taxes a.k.a. net income is $376 for 23 days -or- $490 a mo

I made a few mistakes due to being new... so it should be closer to $510 mo.

Happy with that. If I can double that to do 1k a month, that would be perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a small side business they do just for extra spending money?-screen-shot-2018-12-03-10.04.20  

Last edited by BumbleBeeHunter; 12-04-2018 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-04-2018, 09:03 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,071,028 times
I shoot documentaries with a partner who owns a video production company. We've developed a pilot for a series and are pitching it to a major cable network in late December. If that actually happens, my side biz becomes my main biz.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I shoot documentaries with a partner who owns a video production company. We've developed a pilot for a series and are pitching it to a major cable network in late December. If that actually happens, my side biz becomes my main biz.
WOW. Good for you! I hope you keep us updated

Old 12-06-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
WOW. Good for you! I hope you keep us updated

Thanks. We'll see. I also have a novel in the works with an interested agent. She looked over the first submission, liked it enough to ask for changes, and wants to see it again. Mind you, the changes are akin to moving my pancreas around to behind my left shoulder blade. But, hey, if it gets me published, I'll do it.

I always tell my kids to have a side gig at all times, something that's really fun to do. It keeps you energized, it allows you to develop talents you never realized you had, and it might just provide an escape hatch from a career that's gone sour. Mine hasn't but, hey, you never know.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:54 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,729,050 times
Quote:
Thanks. We'll see. I also have a novel in the works with an interested agent. She looked over the first submission, liked it enough to ask for changes, and wants to see it again. Mind you, the changes are akin to moving my pancreas around to behind my left shoulder blade. But, hey, if it gets me published, I'll do it.

I always tell my kids to have a side gig at all times, something that's really fun to do. It keeps you energized, it allows you to develop talents you never realized you had, and it might just provide an escape hatch from a career that's gone sour. Mine hasn't but, hey, you never know.
Careful. I had a friend who got an agent interested in a book. Lots of back and forth only to discover the agent would be happy to take on the book if my friend coughed up thousands for print costs.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Careful. I had a friend who got an agent interested in a book. Lots of back and forth only to discover the agent would be happy to take on the book if my friend coughed up thousands for print costs.

Yeah, those are vanity presses and book 'consultants' who prey off people's desire to see their names in print. Agents who charge are not really agents.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, those are vanity presses and book 'consultants' who prey off people's desire to see their names in print. Agents who charge are not really agents.
Sounds like you have to be very careful of the snakes. And your advice to have a side gig is very wise.

It appears there is a good chance Ill be loosing my job between now and
August. The company just closed their second office and I learned from my boss' sister, she is now looking for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business