Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 06:25 AM

155 posts, read 204,768 times

Advertisements

I got my LLC formed through the state of MD by the business express website but now what’s the next step? I tried googling and YouTubing but that’s not really any help.

im trying to open a junk hauling business and like I said I got my LLC but I don’t know what’s the next step.

im not sure what forum this goes in but I just need help in starting up a business.

Can I start advertising and making signs.

I also got my EIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2023, 06:33 AM

50,338 posts, read 63,906,560 times
How about visiting the Chamber of Commerce in your town? They will have the resources to steer you in the right direction.

SCORE is a volunteer organization of retired business people who mentor new business owners.

Old 06-25-2023, 07:18 AM

155 posts, read 204,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
How about visiting the Chamber of Commerce in your town? They will have the resources to steer you in the right direction.

SCORE is a volunteer organization of retired business people who mentor new business owners.
I would go but they open from M-F 9-5 and I am usually working those hours and if it’s a seminar then I won’t have time so that’s why I am trying to ask people on this forum for advice.

Old 06-25-2023, 07:59 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
I started a small telecommunications cabling installation business back in the early 2000’s. Lots of research before it was started. Firstly, I got the business incorporated through the state(FL). Also, at this time received a FEIN for the business. Second, got the business insured. Third, received local business licenses for the areas the business would operate. Fourth, opened a banking account for the business. Fifth, advertised for the business.
Hope this information helps, good luck.

Old 06-25-2023, 04:06 PM

7,736 posts, read 3,778,838 times
You will need a business license. Check with the State and with your Municipality.
You will need business insurance.
You will need an accountant.
You will probably need to transfer the title of your truck into your new LLC.

Old 06-25-2023, 05:37 PM

50,338 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
You will need a business license. Check with the State and with your Municipality.
You will need business insurance.
You will need an accountant.
You will probably need to transfer the title of your truck into your new LLC.
When we had a business, we bought the vehicles personally and leased them to the company.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
SCORE has free online business counseling, available 24x7.

Know your local laws and permit requirements.
And... As above, visit your commercial business insurance agent. Your business may likely require a bond

Of course you need to transfer business assets to LLC, and have an LLC bank account.

Your state will have a Dept of revenue site, and possibly require attendance to a taxation and reporting seminar, L&I will like to chat with you, as well as DOT, and ICC if living in a cross state border region as I do.

the fun (?) has just begun.

Don't get caught unprepared.

Old 06-25-2023, 06:37 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
I would go but they open from M-F 9-5 and I am usually working those hours and if it’s a seminar then I won’t have time so that’s why I am trying to ask people on this forum for advice.
You won't, unfortunately, find that kind of help here.

SCORE is your best bet.

Old 06-26-2023, 06:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
Your state may have a small business checklist.

Also, look up the SBDC in your area.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:50 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Business license? Insurance? Contractor's license needed in your area? Equipment? Cleaning supplies? Good phone service? Knowledge about bookkeeping, or hire a bookkeeping firm?

At first, advertise in cheap places like Craigslist where it doesn't cost you for advertising. Make up a handsome flyer and distribute to every real estate agency in your county and to every property management company.. Get some business cards printed up in case anyone asks how to get in touch with you. Set up a simple website.

Is it just you or do you have employees. If you have employees, you have to know about payroll, payroll taxes, laws regarding employees...

Be 100% on time when you make an appointment, do the job that you contract to do, do it well, and do it on budget. If you are unreliable, you are pretty much done. You need your repeat customers and they won't call you again if you are not trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business