Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,126,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Again, I was speaking about Texas as a whole. The vast majority of Texas is flat and ugly, the fact that there are a few areas that are nice doesn't change that. You are interpreting my comment in a ridiculous way, namely as a universal generalization and its not. Again, every state has mountains, yet some states are very flat and some aren't.

I never suggested that Texas has no national forests, just as I never suggested it has no mountains. I did suggest that California has very impressive natural resources, in particular its national forests. Not only does Texas have few national forest land, the national forests it does have aren't particularly impressive. People travel across the global to visit California's natural treasures, the same can't be said of Texas.

Im very very familiar with both, and you are exaggerating and generalizing greatly.

I would not call Texas flat, although I know what hignnlite said regarding things being relative, but I lived in the Central Valley which is completely flat, most of Texas is more like the low rolling foothills.

The truth is, there are pluses and minuses to both states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM

514 posts, read 765,595 times
Cool be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post

I'm doing it again ?

You claim Texas is "flat and ugly", Then when a beautiful photo of blue bonnets and several photos of our mountains and hills are posted you change your direction and claim that Californias are bigger and better.

Then when I question the fact that you said California had "impressive natural resources" by asking what exactly those were, You replied that you had national forests. So naturally my reply was that we have them too and that one is 45 minutes north of me and what's you reply ?

California has more, ours is better, Texas has "virtually none."

I'm done arguing with you, Next thing you'll say that California has a larger moon and that it's more impressive then the one we have in Texas.

Sir, you are on really slippery ice when you try to compare Texas beauty with that of California. As a former Texan, I think you're making yourself out to look like an ignoramus. Time for you to shush. If you were to spend 2-3 weeks in California I promise you that you wouldn't post such nonsense again.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
The truth is, there are pluses and minuses to both states
Just curious here, not trying reignite the firestorm. What is a plus to Texas? What can you find in Texas that is not "bigger and better" (to steal a Texas myth) in California?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,095,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I would not call Texas flat, although I know what hignnlite said regarding things being relative, but I lived in the Central Valley which is completely flat, most of Texas is more like the low rolling foothills.
I don't get this, you are comparing a single region in California to the entire state of Texas. Yes, the Central Valley is flat, but the rest of the state is not. On the other hand Texas is largely flat, with some areas with rolling hills and a few mountain ranges.

The issue isn't that Texas is flat in an absolute sense, the central valley isn't "completely" flat either.

I think the central valley is in some sense comparable to Texas though. The weather isn't nice, it isn't that pretty, etc. I was thinking of moving to Texas 1-2 years ago, but after I slowly debunked all the myths surrounding Texas I changed my mind. Furthermore, if I ever got sick of the high housing costs on the coast (or couldn't afford them any longer) I could always move to the central valley which is no worse than most of Texas. Actually, it has something Texas doesn't, its surround by great national forests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The truth is, there are pluses and minuses to both states.
What exactly are the pluses of Texas? I can think of perhaps one thing, real estate is currently cheaper in Texas even when you compare apples-to-apples. But as the markets adjust in California that should no longer be the case in a few years.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:39 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,411,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post

What exactly are the pluses of Texas? I can think of perhaps one thing, real estate is currently cheaper in Texas even when you compare apples-to-apples. But as the markets adjust in California that should no longer be the case in a few years.
This is a really terrible post.

Don't you ever get tired of flaunting your ignorance like a badge of honor?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Just curious here, not trying reignite the firestorm. What is a plus to Texas? What can you find in Texas that is not "bigger and better" (to steal a Texas myth) in California?
I thought everything was supposed to be relative in your world?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,689,600 times
Quote:
I thought everything was supposed to be relative in your world?
Really, you thought?

Perhaps you can tell us why you started thinking now, after all those posts of yours, and heck, maybe you can tell us why you thought what you thought.

Quote:
A self fulfilling post there, I think Le Petit

Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,095,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Feel free to answer the question.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Really, you thought?

Perhaps you can tell us why you started thinking now, after all those posts of yours, and heck, maybe you can tell us why you thought what you thought.

A self fulfilling post there, I think Le Petit
Cool story bro, care to tell us about more of your fake vacations again with travel website stock photos?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan in san diego View Post
Sir, you are on really slippery ice when you try to compare Texas beauty with that of California. As a former Texan, I think you're making yourself out to look like an ignoramus. Time for you to shush. If you were to spend 2-3 weeks in California I promise you that you wouldn't post such nonsense again.
Awesome, more opinions being pushed as facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California