Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

I have known many people who live or have lived in Oceano, and it is not a bad place, not great, and a helluva lot better now than when I was a kid. Not gangs, just low income low educated people who sometimes drank too much in one of the many bars than used to line the main street, on one side, on the other of course were the packing sheds, which are pretty much gone now.

Oceano between Highway 1 and the beach is actually a nice area, sandy, but nice. And there is the little pocket of homes beyond Phelan and Taylor which were built by dunites and still look a bit bohemian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM

27 posts, read 83,374 times
The area between Hwy 1 and the beach is actually my least favorite area of Oceano, LOL.

I live at the other end of town. The things I love about Oceano is that it's small, rural and quiet. I've definitely enjoyed living here.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:00 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
A. Do not live in Oceano
B. Do not live in Grover City
C. Arroyo Grande is a fine town, more family than young person.
D. Pismo is great, especially the area known as Shell Beach.

Wineries employee young people with good communication skills in the tasting rooms, there are over 200 wineries in the area.

Arroyo Grande just opened a new Tavern, Rooster Creek, I don't know where all the young people come from, but the place has been packed every night.
Grover Beach isn't that bad. I know some one young and old people who live there. And the old people are quiet wealthy. Just stay on the right side of the tracks (literally)

Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Grover Beach isn't that bad. I know some one young and old people who live there. And the old people are quiet wealthy. Just stay on the right side of the tracks (literally)
Nobody in Grover City lives on the other side of the tracks except in the trailer park, and it is a fine trailer park.

And, don't live in Grover City. (see the period?)

Old 02-05-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Nobody in Grover City lives on the other side of the tracks except in the trailer park, and it is a fine trailer park.

And, don't live in Grover City. (see the period?)
I would suggest the OP check out Grover Beach and Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach and see which is more affordable, shortest commutes, and etc....

They all get sent to the same high school.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 PM

Huh city, did you notice the op has no children and is not interested in high schools?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Huh city, did you notice the op has no children and is not interested in high schools?
In that case, I still say one of the three-Grover Beach, Pismo Beach, and Arroyo Grande.

And Five Cities usually refers to-Arroyo Grande, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach (now apart of Pismo Beach), Grover Beach, and San Luis Obispo.

Nipomo and Avila Beach don't fall in the area.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Here have a look at these pictures of Grover Beach:

Grover Beach, CA

Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
In that case, I still say one of the three-Grover Beach, Pismo Beach, and Arroyo Grande.

And Five Cities usually refers to-Arroyo Grande, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach (now apart of Pismo Beach), Grover Beach, and San Luis Obispo.

Nipomo and Avila Beach don't fall in the area.
I remember you perseverating on this same subject a year or two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Here have a look at these pictures of Grover Beach:

Grover Beach, CA
Viv sure can make a 10 dollar saddle look like a 100 dollar saddle, cain't she.

A typical Grover City home;

Since the town is not on the beach, it should still be referred to as Grover City, Calling it Grover Beach is just developer boosterism.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I remember you perseverating on this same subject a year or two ago.

Viv sure can make a 10 dollar saddle look like a 100 dollar saddle, cain't she.

A typical Grover City home;

Since the town is not on the beach, it should still be referred to as Grover City, Calling it Grover Beach is just developer boosterism.
Um the city has a strand of a beach....go look at a map.

And that is just one home. There are plenty of nice homes in Grover Beach.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California