Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard View Post
Yes CA has the perfect weather, if you like CA weather. I was born and raised in CA and left for East TN and it is unlikely I would move back. Overall, it is much nicer here. CA has its strong points, but it has changed so much since I grew up it just isn't for me now, just for the weather.
agree with this! ca isn't at all what it was like when i was a kid and i enjoy having real weather now! it's fun to get a snow day here and there...we get a little but not too much..not like we're snowed in for a month! thunderstorms, beautiful springs and autumns....boring old 75 weather gets old after day after day after day...oh, and it's going to sprinkle today "STORM WATCH 2012" haha...i get some people still love ca, but i'm happy that we've gotten to get out and explore and appreciate other parts of our country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
agree with this! ca isn't at all what it was like when i was a kid and i enjoy having real weather now! it's fun to get a snow day here and there...we get a little but not too much..not like we're snowed in for a month! thunderstorms, beautiful springs and autumns....boring old 75 weather gets old after day after day after day...oh, and it's going to sprinkle today "STORM WATCH 2012" haha...i get some people still love ca, but i'm happy that we've gotten to get out and explore and appreciate other parts of our country!
I find these statements curious. Plenty of schools in CA have snow days. Plenty of areas in CA have four seasons, pretty much any area above 4,000 feet in elevation. My kids would sometime go to school nearly to the end of June to make up for the snow days.
Pretty close to 46,875 square miles of California has four seasons, which is a land area larger than most states.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I find these statements curious. Plenty of schools in CA have snow days. Plenty of areas in CA have four seasons, pretty much any area above 4,000 feet in elevation. My kids would sometime go to school nearly to the end of June to make up for the snow days.
Pretty close to 46,875 square miles of California has four seasons, which is a land area larger than most states.
true...i didn't grow up with snow days though so i didn't relate till we left...i know there's more to ca but i only know socal

Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
true...i didn't grow up with snow days though so i didn't relate till we left...i know there's more to ca but i only know socal
A common error, many people equate California with SoCal, I equate SoCal with Mordor, the rest of the state, aside from the Bay Area outside of SF is a great place.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,318 times
Quote:
Not my garden. I don't eat vegetables, at least cooked ones.
Ahh, but they go together so well with BBQ. I couldnt live without my broccli, or tomatoes or fresh corn. I do long to have a huge Tomatoe garden when i move to AG.

Never did make it down for the Spencer. I wonder was it named after the rifle?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM

205 posts, read 241,572 times
*** COMPLETE AND UTTER DEVASTATION ***

" ... Seismologists predict A 99% probability that California will experience an Earthquake measuring 7.0 very soon."

http://newscenter.sdsu.edu/sdsu_news...s.aspx?s=73808

Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
True, but while I grew to despise the endless pavement of socal, (and the smog) we couldn't afford norcal. On my own I moved out of state and love it. We haven't had much snow the last two winters here, but did have a huge storm the year before. I like where I am (north central OK) since there is winter but its not midwest and summer is not much different than Riverside. Spring and fall are catch as catch can. It may go down to 33 tonight, and the heater isn't on, just the fill ins since its going back up in the 70's next week.

We wanted to move up to norcal, in the Cascade region, and might have been able to, but the real estate market stunk and we couldn't have sold. But ever since then, until I saw the welcome to Arizona sign, I couldn't wait to leave the big parking lot.

A lot of people would stay IF they could afford it. Those tucked away places are still above budget for many.

Actually this winter I'd LOVE to see a pile of snow on the ground.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
...Actually this winter I'd LOVE to see a pile of snow on the ground.
Spoken like someone who is new to snow ... enjoy ...

Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Spoken like someone who is new to snow ... enjoy ...
...or someone who's retired, has a well-stocked larder and a reliable heating source.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
What do you not understand about: "when it snows it's cold outside"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California