Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,990,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
I'm not arguing with you dude. I guess I was referring not to the Californa pride. No disagreement there, however you do tend to be a little harsh on everywhere else. California shines on its own, even as other states and regions have their great qualities. No need to be harsh on everywhere else. Thats all I'm saying.
Maybe you're right Tex?Il?, maybe you're right. I do tend to be very harsh.

If you're not made of iron on this board, they will push you around, make it look like you live in the thirdworld, and that you're less than human especially if you're gasp Latin or Asian in California! You remember that whack job from Phily that claimed all Californians should be caught, nabbed, imprisoned, and shot to death for treason? It took them 700 posts to ban that guy. He made ridiculous threads like "is SF-SJ the westcoast equivalent to NYC-Phily"? For real man? The sprawl between NYC and Phily is an inbred case of where rural meets low density suburbia, between SF-SJ its densely built up. I don't know any New Yorkers that even claim Phily is apart of their metro.

I don't feel bad for being harsh at all. Not with these people. Some of them look at facts in the face and say "I doubt it", one guy from DC told me that when I screenshot shared US census info about diversity and gave the link and directions how to work the links. I'm not mother teresa here bruh, I'm not going to sit around singing kumbaya, hugging, and kissing and pretending that places should be world class when there's 280 people being shot to death there whereas cities with concerns like SF with a low crime rate take every topic to the shin for being "small and cute".

Not directing this at you, but California generates such strong, hateful, envious, opinions all the time. Other places like CA, CO, TX, FL which are the future of the US generate envy from places of the past (from the high crime places).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 12:31 AM

5,985 posts, read 13,123,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Maybe you're right Tex?Il?, maybe you're right. I do tend to be very harsh.

If you're not made of iron on this board, they will push you around, make it look like you live in the thirdworld, and that you're less than human especially if you're gasp Latin or Asian in California! You remember that whack job from Phily that claimed all Californians should be caught, nabbed, imprisoned, and shot to death for treason? It took them 700 posts to ban that guy. He made ridiculous threads like "is SF-SJ the westcoast equivalent to NYC-Phily"? For real man? The sprawl between NYC and Phily is an inbred case of where rural meets low density suburbia, between SF-SJ its densely built up. I don't know any New Yorkers that even claim Phily is apart of their metro.

I don't feel bad for being harsh at all. Not with these people. Some of them look at facts in the face and say "I doubt it", one guy from DC told me that when I screenshot shared US census info about diversity and gave the link and directions how to work the links. I'm not mother teresa here bruh, I'm not going to sit around singing kumbaya, hugging, and kissing and pretending that places should be world class when there's 280 people being shot to death there whereas cities with concerns like SF with a low crime rate take every topic to the shin for being "small and cute".

Not directing this at you, but California generates such strong, hateful, envious, opinions all the time. Other places like CA, CO, TX, FL which are the future of the US generate envy from places of the past (from the high crime places).
You totally have a point. I'm not going to name names . . . oh, but hell I'll do it anyways.

Posters including hmmm . . .

MOD CUT??, the list goes on and on . . . the axe to grind over California is greater than anywhere else. People have been obsessed with Californias decline forever,

earthquakes, landslides, wildfires, sliding into the sea, riots, car chases, showcase trials, and now economic recession brought on by the housing bubble, it really has brought out the California haters in full force.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: your first sentiment was better

Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
It's called lying and I made several posts about it in the General US, city vs city, and Americas forums as to why. Here was one just last week.

I typically just say things truthfully but some of you Philadelphians act like you could use some "positive" words. At least that's what you folks come across as.
Wow Scrantix... you are a completely stable human being...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
California has highest GDP in U.S. Only one reason it is #1 is it is the most populous state.

But when it is rated on a per capita basis, it falls to 12th place.

Lets talk about the 50th biggest cities in the U.S. taking average wages in the city, and adjusting for cost of living. Lets see how they compare. Texas has 3 in the top 10, while California has 1. These figures are for 2011, the latest year available as 2012 is not over yet.

When average or median incomes are adjusted for cost of living, just think Houston Texas is #1 (UP FROM 7TH PLACE), with San Jose #2 (DOWN FROM #1).

Dallas Tx comes in #5 (UP FROM 11TH), and Austin is #8 (UP FROM TIED FOR 11TH), with the second highest California city San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA at 39th (DOWN FROM 36TH). And San Diego at 45 (DOWN FROM 31) and Los Angeles 46th (DOWN FROM 34TH) and Riverside at 49th.

By the way Detroit-Warren-Livonia, MI, is now #3 (UP FROM 14TH).

The Cities Where A Paycheck Stretches The Furthest | Newgeography.com

Out of 50th largest cities in the nation, only one which is San Jose is even in the top 35.

When you look at other cities around the nation and find that so many of them are seeing the average income when adjusted for cost of living is improving, we have to accept that California has serious problems the way things are trending in the state.

It is time that people quit bragging how great California is and is doing, and start looking for ways to solve the problems. This is what a lot of us are trying to do, is wake up those that stayed in California, get them to admit the state has serious problem, and starting to fight for solutions for the problems their state has. Until they open their eyes and look at the problems, it will just get worse.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 AM

510 posts, read 430,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
California has it's problems just like everywhere else but honestly I don't see us becoming America's Greece which others have negatively put it,or becoming a Third World State.

Yeah we went through a recession but honestly in my opinion I think we fared pretty well despite what the doomsday sayers on here or in the media have said...Heck even if this state were laying Golden Eggs their will still be those that would say otherwise.

California has multiple strengths and advantages that keeps us chugging along despite rough times and once we are back on track we will leap forward and ahead.

I've said this many times before...Out of all the states i'm always optimistic when it comes to California
California can become a slum-ridden, crime-filled state like Brazil and still have a vibrant economy. It's called losing the middle class which is happening as we speak. Sure the tech industry will continue to exist short of a full-on Hugo Chavez-style assault on the private sector, but this doesn't mean there won't be horrible schools, infrastructure and grinding government-enforced poverty.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
There is so much more to the economy than what we see or read based on a few charts and studies. When are some people going to realize this, instead of wanting to believe just the positive that suits them?

Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 PM

131 posts, read 167,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is so much more to the economy than what we see or read based on a few charts and studies. When are some people going to realize this, instead of wanting to believe just the positive that suits them?
Indeed. Great question. When?
Also wondering when will some realize that people have been dealing with life as it unfolds for thousands of years. And, well, here we are, still dealing with it. Whoa! When's it all gonna end?! Now?

Check your bus schedule. It holds the secrets of the universe.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is so much more to the economy than what we see or read based on a few charts and studies. When are some people going to realize this, instead of wanting to believe just the negative that suits them?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Old Trader, you live in Montana now, go outside and enjoy Montana, leave "poor" California to the Californians, Oh, it is 40 where you are, sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California