Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,801,295 times

Advertisements

Air Quality - Costal

Small Mountain Snowboarding - Mt High , Big Bear 2-3 hours from Santa Clarita to Irvive, or fly to

Large Mountain 6 hour drive to Mammoth or 1 hour flight

Desert 2-4 hour out of LA for your toys North or East from LA

Asian Market - Korea Town, Mitsuwa, Mar Vista, Torrance, Ranch 99, Gardena,

Basically you just need to find your school system but 800k for a 3 br, just off the top of my head, I'd eliminate Palos Verdes, Manhanttan Beach, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 10:20 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,801,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Much of Torrance is very nice and fairly close to LAX. Candidly, I'm not certain how far 800K will go there as far as housing goes. How about San Diego? Great weather, has a good airport, and 800k should still get a decent house there.
Also, if you want something more out "in the country" but close to big city amenities, Fallbrook is very nice - Fallbrook is near San Diego.
BTW, if you want more info about Ventura or Oxnard check out the Ventura Co. section.
Temperature wise coastal will be cooler and moderate, the further inland you get you will get big swings really hot and really cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyxheart View Post
Does anyone have any info on Torrance?
Torrance is a suburb which use to have 3 Japanese automaker head quarters within 5 miles of each other, Nissan , actually in Carson left.
There are at least 3 Japanese Markets , and 3 Korean Markets. There are part of Torrance which area really Torrance, they are still LA City, make sure you know the difference if you care about school. 800k will get you a nice 3 Br in Torrance. I don't know what you consider a big city, Down Town LA, Santa Monica? distance wise it is only 20 miles , with traffic, 1 hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyxheart View Post
Thanks for the info! I was looking into Irvine about how far is it to LAX?
Irvine is about 60 miles from LAX but you have A major air port in orange county, then about 40 miles to Long Beach air port, then another 20 miles to LAX. You should easily be able to find a flight from any coast air port to Hawaii. I'm sure even Burbank and Ontario fly there.

As long as you don't need a ocean view 800k will buy a house in Torrance, Redondo Beach

Last edited by thelopez2; 01-02-2014 at 10:28 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 PM

11 posts, read 12,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
Air Quality - Costal

Small Mountain Snowboarding - Mt High , Big Bear 2-3 hours from Santa Clarita to Irvive, or fly to

Large Mountain 6 hour drive to Mammoth or 1 hour flight

Desert 2-4 hour out of LA for your toys North or East from LA

Asian Market - Korea Town, Mitsuwa, Mar Vista, Torrance, Ranch 99, Gardena,

Basically you just need to find your school system but 800k for a 3 br, just off the top of my head, I'd eliminate Palos Verdes, Manhanttan Beach, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey.
Thanks for all the info! My husband really likes Torrance but I was also looking at Poway since a lot of other users were suggesting San Diego. Also thinking about Irvine since we have friends there. Not too sure if we can afford OC though.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:32 PM

Location: Overlooking the vineyards, olive groves, cattle and horses in the hills of San Miguel CA
167 posts, read 336,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
For good air quality, closer to the beaches the better, or in the mountains.

My first thought was San Luis Obispo.
+1 on that...safe, great schools, budget's right-on for that area, beaches, mountains, dirt biking supreme, snowboarding within limit, airport, too. LA 3 hours, Santa Barbara 1.5 hours. It is also the town most likely to remind you of Hawaii in weather... Kau and Hooilo!

Last edited by threepounduniverse; 01-04-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California