Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,353,364 times

Advertisements

So how does one shoot for life, as opposed to death? Magic bullets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 05:23 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,639,536 times
I am very much against gun control, but this is not what bothers me about this video.

What bothers me about it is that a person like this, who has no knowledge of the subject matter, actually introduces legislation that has an effect on something very important. It would be like someone born&raised in Manhattan to introduce legislation that regulates cotton farming. Sure, you can learn about a subject matter, but as this video shows, legislators clearly don't bother.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Im so glad i dont have to deal with this retarded nonsense. And its a magazine not a clip, damn *******s.
My first gun purchase years back the old timer, who knew what he was talking about, said boy don't call that a clip that's what them gangbangers call it, we responsible people call it a magazine.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,485,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I might be moving to California soon and it's nut cases like the guy in that video that scare me. I'm a law abiding citizen who enjoys firearms for hunting, hobbies, and personal safety. I don't want my 2nd amendment rights taken away by a stupid liberal politician who doesn't know anything.

This video was hilariously sad.
No shiate ! My pocket pistol is illegal to buy here, an fing Ruger LCP .380. What can one do with that another North Hollywood bank robbery

Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
The gun grabbers could maybe use this. The made up terminology to scare people is very lowbrow.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:05 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,315,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Why do you think police officers have magazines of over 10 rounds? With all that training they should only need a revolver right?
I dunno? I did my first shooting as a requirement for POST training. Outscored my friend who loaned me the 38 to qualify.

Just showed some property to a guy who bought an AR15 for deer hunting. Really? Learn to shoot!

I also have a friend that shoots F5 competition. 1000 yards. Let me fire a few rounds downrange. No X's but on the target for all rounds.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post

Just showed some property to a guy who bought an AR15 for deer hunting. Really? Learn to shoot!
So what? An AR15 is just a modern sporting rifle. The .223 round is extremely useful for hunting smaller deer. What do you want him to use? A bolt action .308? Plenty of hunters use AR15s

Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I dunno? I did my first shooting as a requirement for POST training. Outscored my friend who loaned me the 38 to qualify.

I also have a friend that shoots F5 competition. 1000 yards. Let me fire a few rounds downrange. No X's but on the target for all rounds.
Quals for post and hitting a moving target that is firing back at you are two very different things.

Plus an ar15 is an excellent deer gun here in ca with our small deer. Plus it is ergonomic ally correct and light weight. All the things a hunter would look for.

Also, long range shooting is about your dope, your friend did the hard part (getting the rifle sighted in for range/wind), the trigger pullin is the easy part.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 PM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Quals for post and hitting a moving target that is firing back at you are two very different things.

Plus an ar15 is an excellent deer gun here in ca with our small deer. Plus it is ergonomic ally correct and light weight. All the things a hunter would look for.

Also, long range shooting is about your dope, your friend did the hard part (getting the rifle sighted in for range/wind), the trigger pullin is the easy part.
I have a bunch of Deer guns and I built a 6.5 Grendel for my boy because the recoil is manageable. He's 12 and lil guys can't handle the big stuff.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:52 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,116 times
Banning so called '' high capacity '' magazines is pointless, on any gun. I can reload a magazine into an automatic rifle (automatic does not mean full blast machine gun btw, for those who are uneducated on the subject) in less than 3 seconds, most people can, just carry extra magazines. So really the magazine bans serve no purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: