Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have a brother there, and he's well armed. I guess that makes him fit in, since it's very common. I don't know if that's the reason for so much crime, or a response to it.

Welcome to Shasta County, California's gun-buying capital - San Jose Mercury News
Probably a response to crime more than anything. It only makes sense that more people want to be armed when they know there's a good possibility of becoming a victim. If you thought you were at high risk of a home invasion, you'd want to protect yourself and your family members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 04:45 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
The biggest contributing factor is the level of conservatism and persistent strong hold they have on the area. In that part of the state they’re anti-book smart and business. It’s the one-thing liberals and conservatives can agree on in the area.
I had a long time well known resident of Redding tell me it will always be an $8.00 an hour town with a view. I liked the area, but politically and economically the area is garbage for anyone who wants to work and do well.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:03 PM

200 posts, read 454,083 times
This isn't the first time that Redding has made the list of most violent cities in the US, btw. In 2011 Redding was #1 when Police Chief Hanson was in charge. 3 years later with Chief Paoletti, a Stockton import who was brought in to "clean up the town", things have certainly not improved. Cities Where Violent Crime Is Soaring - 24/7 Wall St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California