Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 AM

25 posts, read 35,480 times

Advertisements

For climate, friendship, love and acceptance that feels like home, you just can't beat California! From my outdoor swimming pool, huge selection of health food stores, medical insurance support, to easy access of organic foods and the best multicultural food in America! Amusement parks, movie stars, and 5 star beaches. Still plenty of cheap places to live if you know the secret corners! No snow, no humidity, no unfriendly faces! Just pure beauty! If you live here, please share your story too of why this will always be home for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 05:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,231 times
Utopia's are overrated.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:37 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,035,527 times
Would love to live there in the future but COL is pretty high.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Where are the cheap places to live?

Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 AM

525 posts, read 508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhills View Post
For climate, friendship, love and acceptance that feels like home, you just can't beat California! From my outdoor swimming pool, huge selection of health food stores, medical insurance support, to easy access of organic foods and the best multicultural food in America! Amusement parks, movie stars, and 5 star beaches. Still plenty of cheap places to live if you know the secret corners! No snow, no humidity, no unfriendly faces! Just pure beauty! If you live here, please share your story too of why this will always be home for you!
Overcrowded, expensive, poorly managed, polluted, overpriced, and plenty of unfriendly faces.

Don't get me wrong...I like California but it's riddled with problems.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,253,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Overcrowded, expensive, poorly managed, polluted, overpriced, and plenty of unfriendly faces.

Don't get me wrong...I like California but it's riddled with problems.
If California really is the greatest state in the land, then why are hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of CA natives leaving every decade? If it weren't for immigration, it'd have a net negative population growth.

But in all seriousness, CA is a very, very fun state to visit. I could never live there again (lived in Monterey for 2 years), but if I had two weeks to kill I'd go to the Bay Area in a heartbeat.

Last edited by fezzador; 03-14-2014 at 08:23 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,365,593 times
There is also a good amount of pollution, sprawl, crime, earthquakes and poverty. With that being said, California is one of the best. Although, I think North California is better than South California.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,422,308 times
Possibly there is no better place than COASTAL California. If you have the cash, somewhere like Laguna Beach is amazing.

But inland California often sucks. Anyone want to live in the poor, dusty, polluted Inland Empire, or in "beautiful" Bakersfield, Fresno, or Stockton?

Also, not sure about "five star beaches." CA has nice beaches, but they're almost universally non-swimmable (due to cold and current), and the sand is mediocre. There's great surf and natural coastal scenery, but if you care about sand or swimming, it's not a good option.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM

93,368 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStarHero View Post
Utopia's are overrated.
If there is such a thing.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM

135 posts, read 179,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhills View Post
What California needs is a few Neutron bombs - not too many, just enough to cull the overpopulation enough to let the grass grow again. California peaked around 1987.

(As someone who chooses to keep a residence there, I have a bit of skin in the game as well.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California