Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,292,105 times

Advertisements

I, for one, will welcome our Chinese robot overlords when they arrive. This post shall serve as a reminder that I supported the invasion before it actually takes place, so hopefully they will be rational enough to not exterminate me and my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 12:59 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,826,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Any review of my posts will show I just about never bring up conservative / liberal. You, on the other hand, smear negative jabs at "libs" and "*******s" like cheese on nacho chips.
When someone commits a crime, I place blame at the feet of the criminals who committed the crime. You see something wrong with this how?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:36 PM

21,765 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
When someone commits a crime, I place blame at the feet of the criminals who committed the crime. You see something wrong with this how?
Nope. I don't. You are welcome to your opinions. And you are welcome to blame it all on "the other ideology". Hell, you are welcome to call them names.

I merely call attention to you doing it even as you attack others for doing the same. And especially because you accuse some posters of doing it "constantly", when they don't hardly ever - if ever.

Now me, I find ideologies alternately entertaining in their passionate dramas - and exceedingly boring at other times.

Btw, did EVERYBODY completely miss the humor of this thread?

As you all were then. Back to politicizing and ranting and railing!
("Railing" -- get it? )

Old 05-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

I merely call attention to you doing it even as you attack others for doing the same. And especially because you accuse some posters of doing it "constantly", when they don't hardly ever - if ever.
But... I'm not contextualizing it as a lib vs conservative debate. Seriously, where have I done that? If you can show in this thread where I concretely framed any comments as "libs suck" and "conservatives rule", I'll send you a $1000 cashiers check tomorrow. You can hire someone to help paint one of your friend's boats with the money. Deal?

The fact is you're the only one in this thread who has come close to contextualizing it in that manner. You're always doing it. You have this weird way of inventing arguments that don't exist, then as a matter of habit (as I've observed), you spend the next 20 post trying to destroy the platform you yourself invented out of thin air. Perhaps the complexity of someone who critisizes some libs, yet does not necessarily support all conservatives, escapes your grasp. Maybe it's the latter.

Regardless, you should stop inventing arguments, I have no problem with you wasting your time like that, but I find it peculiar.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:18 PM

are you serious?

Quote:
Yup. We get one year of surplus after 10 years of bottom of the barrel scraping austerity, and now California libs are ready to load up on the debt again like a teenage girl at Forever 21.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:31 PM

A completely true statement. Now where exactly did I mention anything about "lib vs conservative"?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:36 PM

Why don't you just say legislators? Why do you have to be so partisan?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:39 PM

21,765 posts, read 16,410,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
But... I'm not contextualizing it as a lib vs conservative debate. Seriously, where have I done that? If you can show in this thread where I concretely framed any comments as "libs suck" and "conservatives rule", I'll send you a $1000 cashiers check tomorrow. You can hire someone to help paint one of your friend's boats with the money. Deal?

The fact is you're the only one in this thread who has come close to contextualizing it in that manner. You're always doing it. You have this weird way of inventing arguments that don't exist, then as a matter of habit (as I've observed), you spend the next 20 post trying to destroy the platform you yourself invented out of thin air. Perhaps the complexity of someone who critisizes some libs, yet does not necessarily support all conservatives, escapes your grasp. Maybe it's the latter.

Regardless, you should stop inventing arguments, I have no problem with you wasting your time like that, but I find it peculiar.
Your turn. You show me where I contextualized this thread - which I started for its humorous value - as lib / conservative. All I did was point out that you labeled the evil in California as "the libs"
Quote:
Quote:
Yup. We get one year of surplus after 10 years of bottom of the barrel scraping austerity, and now California libs are ready to load up on the debt again like a teenage girl at Forever 21.

These corrupt lib politicians really need to go.
No one brought up "libs" except you. You're always doing it. You create arguments polarizing political ideologies. And then you deny doing so and try to paint others as guilty. Do you deny using terms like "*******s" in posts?

Go back and read each post in this thread. Find one that delved into "libs" - or conservatives - before you dragged out the old horse to beat.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:47 PM

So if someone says "Damn, Al Qaeda really needs to go, they keep bombing people", according to your logic, they're framing it as an Al Qaeda vs non-Sunnis debate.

Got it. Tulemutt logic at its finest.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Why don't you just say legislators? Why do you have to be so partisan?
Relax bro. Why are you so mad and angry on the internet?

I know you have a hard life having to avoid gang warfare on the daily, but you're in a safe place here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California