Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 07:04 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,425,290 times

Advertisements

The lawn is barely alive, at this point (one minor watering per week). No car washing. Navy showers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 04:33 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,018,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
The lawn is barely alive, at this point (one minor watering per week). No car washing. Navy showers.
What I don't understand about Los Angeles is that I've heard lifelong residents that LA has NEVER imposed restrictions on lawn watering, water usage, etc, despite the fact that it is in a semi-arid desert with little rainfall. I remember back in 1992 during that drought when an acquaintance in Palm springs used the water to her heart's content because it was all underground water (no drought there). In the areas of Texas where I have lived (Austin, San Antonio & corpus), I have experienced water restrictions such as those (frequently). It's hard to take this water conservation seriously without the city/county/State governments enforcing some restrictions. it makes me feel like when chicken little says that the sky is falling when it's actually not.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:56 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,339,589 times
I agree. Cuts need to be made. Just don't cut MY allocation. My usage is priority number one because of its importance. Therefore the rules don't apply to me.

Signed,
The farmers (no food means no one eats)

The Palm Springs golf courses (we wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for these and people with lots of money live here to play golf. And we mustn't upset them)

The Cities (if we need to take care of the many at the expense of the few, that's just a small price to pay for living in a civilized society)

The suburban subdivisions (at long last the housing market it taking off again and we mustn't risk letting values go back down because of dead landscaping or letting neighborhoods turn into eyesores.)

Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,457,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
What I don't understand about Los Angeles is that I've heard lifelong residents that LA has NEVER imposed restrictions on lawn watering, water usage, etc, despite the fact that it is in a semi-arid desert with little rainfall. I remember back in 1992 during that drought when an acquaintance in Palm springs used the water to her heart's content because it was all underground water (no drought there). In the areas of Texas where I have lived (Austin, San Antonio & corpus), I have experienced water restrictions such as those (frequently). It's hard to take this water conservation seriously without the city/county/State governments enforcing some restrictions. it makes me feel like when chicken little says that the sky is falling when it's actually not.
Gee, I remember restrictions. Maybe it depends on where you live? I know they came down hard in Long Beach and the surrounds.

Also remember Palm Desert is a separate water district with independent municipal sourcing.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:41 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,825,780 times
Southern CA has a two year water supply. We are in a Stage One Drought and there are some restrictions. If the predicted El Nino arrives this winter of 2014 that would help with above average rainful. Not a guarantee with El Nino but more likely.

Drought Conditions | San Diego County Water Authority

Old 06-02-2014, 02:44 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,825,780 times
Here are the recommendations in a Level 1 Drought. Everyone should be water wise. Drought is a fact of life for us in CA.

Drought Response | San Diego County Water Authority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California