Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 PM

528 posts, read 867,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Only 15% of CA is desert.

Only 2% of CA is crowded/semi-crowded.

97% of CA is rural or Wilderness.

When people talk about how bad the traffic is, the polluted air, high crime they usually are only seeing CA from the perspective of LA, where such conditions are the norm, LA is not CA. The greater LA area covers way less than 1% of the land area of CA

I live in CA and traffic is almost never an issue for me, unless I drive to the SF Bay Area at the wrong time of day. Low crime, clean air and forest for miles and miles. It snows, lots.

No mega rich folk taking over properties.
OMFG man I HATE this argument because everywhere in this state is just about looking like L.A now, even SF and Sacramento. No more excuses buddy boy, this whole state is flawed. Maybe the whole state doesn't have moviestars but everywhere I go, it seems like I run into actors if you catch my drift. Seems most rednecks I see also are movie ones or poor immitations of the real southern ones. So ya this whole state has become the same as L.A just about when it comes to obtaining anything and everything basic. The dating scene in Sacramento also might as well be Los Angeles these days. Face it man, the state you take pride in is F'D beyond belief!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
the people who complain the most about California tend to be the natives. the transplants tend to like California more. I can say this because I am a California native and I always hear my fellow natives complaining because we know how **** goes; at least the smart ones.

I still remember the 1990s when the Bay Area wasn't bad at all. Now, forget about it. Too overpriced for what you get in return unless you really want to pay big time for the weather and having to hear *******s all day complaining about the littlest of crap.
I complain about this state a LOT and guess where I come from. Boston and Tampa area. I hate it in California and I am not even in L.A! I am a minority for sure.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
1.yes
2.no
3.meh
4.overpriced (as all over the USA)
5.way overpriced (same as above)

have you traveled at all?
Exactly, comments like this make the deep south look more forward in progression I hate to say. Californians who never travel thinking their state is snobbishly the best.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
I complain about this state a LOT and guess where I come from. Boston and Tampa area. I hate it in California and I am not even in L.A! I am a minority for sure.
Well it is good to know that you won't be moving here.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Jealousy.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
The dating scene in Sacramento also might as well be Los Angeles these days. Face it man, the state you take pride in is F'D beyond belief!
Aha! The truth comes out. No one in LA or Sacramento would date you so the whole state's at fault.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:51 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,403 times
Interesting. I'm a native and so most of my friends, the overwhelming majority of whom are happy and prospering here. Then again, many of the more poorly performing students and inherently bitter people I knew growing up ultimately decamped for, um, less challenging job markets.

Then I visit this forum, and its populated by a number of bitter losers who can't write too good. It's a homecoming of sorts.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Well it is good to know that you won't be moving here.
I am already in CA smart ass. I am here to make other people like yours a living hell for now until I re locate. I was just saying in response to what someone else said about most natives talking about California negatively or maybe people from Texas but nope, this east coaster finds your state flawed but I can also admit when my homestate has problems also. An inability of many Northern Californians it seems. Nobody can honestly talk about problems and when they do, they're immediately shut down, just like what you're doing so again, ty for proving my point again and again.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Aha! The truth comes out. No one in LA or Sacramento would date you so the whole state's at fault.
I never said NOBODY but lets say MOST and omg the amount of people who just tuck their tails and run the minute I say something about CA that is negative. Many of you people baffle me, truly!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:25 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,403 times
Quote:
I am already in CA smart ass. I am here to make other people like yours a living hell for now until I re locate.
Yeah, Hell's coming with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California