Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:10 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times

Advertisements

Trust your gut on a situation like that NOSNOW. Good that you seem to be aware of your surrounding when out and about...... regarding a CCW, at least that is a viable option for you to consider in your area of CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 01:43 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I don't have a weapon, but have always kept that option in the back of my mind. I've had access to shotguns in the past because of husbands, but may look into that again. For now, I'll probably just get mace.

Sorry about your wife not feeling save to run. I thought about a young woman who took her dog walking before me. I decided to go a different route for privacy, but afterwards thought I should have stuck close to her for both our safety.

I guess I'll have to look into gun safety again. I have had training but it was many years ago in WA state. Will have to look into it again locally, I guess. Too bad.
Bear spray is good to have. Always have a stout walking stick with you. Or a stout well made used cane is good to have, even if you don't need a cane to walk. You can buy a used cane at the 'thrift store', Salvation Army, Good Will, etc, at a reasonable price...

There are still many good folks around. Unfortunately, some no good......I'm armed.

Be Safe out there nomosno...& All other good folks...

Old 09-19-2014, 06:17 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
My dad was a cop (Oakland) and he used to say that if you have a weapon, be prepared for the possibility that the other person could take it and use it against you. Plus, the laws are tricky when it comes to using deadly force. I like the bear spray idea. That stuff should shoot far, I'm thinking, and be nice and potent. Might even work on an aggressive dog?

He also said to always trust your instincts and to walk away from someone rather than talk yourself into thinking it would be fine, if you got a hinky feeling. To not feel stupid, better safe than sorry. I do this automatically, after being trained as a kid by a cop, lol! But, I'm not by nature paranoid. It was a weird day at the river yesterday.

I was wondering if the homeless got chased out of the park next to the library? I remember there being some kind of motorcycle cops driving around in that park recently, I'm guessing to bug the homeless people there. It just seemed weird to see that many scary looking guys all of a sudden, where I rarely see any. Was just wondering if they got chased out of some other area?

Old 09-19-2014, 06:41 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
And then there's the old hippie trick: Garlic. Lots of garlic.
Bonus: works against vampires too.

Topic? What topic? We don't need no stinkin topic!
But just to be on the safe side: vote (Hell) No! On Measure A.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
As is typical doper behavior the yes on measure a signs were stolen or vandalized in the oasis corridor again...in one case you can clearly see where they just drove off road driving over the sign...wonder if the driver was high with THC in their system ... based on past experience I would say... likely...

This is doper behavior... come to expect it redding...people who have no respect for others have no respect for themselves .dopers cannot stand on fact... or evidence that uncontrolled growing is harmful.. by any matrix. Dopers want to silence normal citizens... anyone who threatens their narcotic consumption

As I drove home from from town today I couldn't help but notice how many dopers there were in vehicles next to me on the freeway... they stand out as easily as a firefly.. the desperate look of domestic narco terrorists... flush with harvest cash..

Next time you're out take a look around you

Apparently the feds revealed today they can't stop welfare for weed. In more government out of control dispensaries in Berkeley are required to give 2% of theirvoremium product to homeless ... lovely

Each of you that are addicted to marijuana are harmed individuals... drug behavior consumes you... measure A will help you... it will give you pause as to how to live life.

Vote Yes on A.. give Shasta county a chance at building a healthy community a instead of poterstam north.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 PM

Well don't look at me Officer, I didn't drive over no signs. Honest indian. I'm visiting this summer up in Washington where it's all legal.

And, speaking of "consumed" behaviors, um -

Old 09-20-2014, 05:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Tule,.. on your way through from your boat port... sober I hope... but remember thc is in your system days after you use it,...��and is cumulative. ..so watch out you're not dui.,,. you might like a trip through the Redwoods of Humbolt and Mendicino countes....where free for all grows have altered the landscape and have made it so normal citizens can no longer feel safe hiking in the woods because of growers. There is an interesting thread going about the north coast describing how dopers have changed the landscape
I hope you enjoy your Washington experience,.. please do report back your to toking experiences,,, if you remember them ....

Measure A will help this out of control behavior and keep Shasta taxpayers and families from the in your face behavior of doper nation while still allowing sick people. ..in all sense of the word... access to their addiction.
Vote YES on A

The citizens of Redding are tired of their parks being taken over by low life's and druggies. The police department has been working to clean up the park by city hall. In my opinion they will not be successful until we address the ab-109 and drug problem. ..meth,. Mj., alcohol. homeless.. so when you see officers in the park they are really just displacing the problem elsewhere. ... they are working on systemic changes ,,, but those take years
I no longer recommend Redding for young families

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-20-2014 at 05:48 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 12:04 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Yeah, we already have reasonable laws aplenty regulating other drugs and even alcohol (re: age, driving, alcohol content, locations, production, etc.). So why not some commonsense laws for regulating weed, or does it always have to be an "all-or-nothing" argument? And distinguishing between personal and commercial production certainly sounds like a good place to start.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:29 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Wherefore does one get the idea that C-D California is the place to blatantly, incessantly stump for a ballot initiative?
Does it not seem this angry uber-judgmental cop is being paid by the campaign for which he pleads? Wonder if these fundamentalists are pouring these diatribes all over other forums around the web? How much they paying, y'all?
This whole "I'm normal and everyone else is not" narrative bespeaks potential evidence of damage far more profound than that ever done by anybody's MJ use.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Wherefore does one get the idea that C-D California is the place to blatantly, incessantly stump for a ballot initiative?
Does it not seem this angry uber-judgmental cop is being paid by the campaign for which he pleads? Wonder if these fundamentalists are pouring these diatribes all over other forums around the web? How much they paying, y'all?
This whole "I'm normal and everyone else is not" narrative bespeaks potential evidence of damage far more profound than that ever done by anybody's MJ use.
But you gotta kinda enjoy Offcer Friendly's passive-aggressiveness: veiled threats, admonitions, false accusations, innuendo, attacks disguised as assumptions. All standard cop interrogation alternatives. It's legal for cops to lie to trigger confessions. It becomes a habit I guess.

And all the while he refuses to engage the factual science and factual history presented. You're right: just like a political action campaign. Lies told and retold. Repetition creates truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California