Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,973,134 times

Advertisements

I want to thank this thread for inspiring me to do some research and discover an IGNORE function that I didn't know existed. I don't have to read any more posts about people complaining about their choice to live in California. Thank god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 11:10 PM

104 posts, read 115,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
$9 million a year is nearly $1 million a MONTH in taxes. Just more proof of how ridiculously stupid living in California has become. I cannot wait to leave!
I agree wholeheartedly and so does Phil Mickelson. $1M monthly is a lot of green. I'm betting on his good years he was paying $12M yearly in California State Income Taxes. Imagine what $12M buys in Florida every year? Smart guy the Mickelson.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:23 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Yet millionaires and billionaires will still live in California. Just think about it, if Phil really is selling his property to move to Florida, or Texas, or wherever that means that someone equally as rich as Phil will be buying his property. Whew...crisis avoided.
I use to think this way until living near Silicon Valley learned there a many tax practitioners here making a good living advising high income earners how to minimize tax liability...

Could be as simple as being transferred to a low tax State or living half the year and one day outside of California... if there is a way to do... the human mind will find it.

Just as New York has seen an exodus of high income earners...

For the rest of us W2 earners... are choices are limited.

Old 12-26-2014, 11:42 PM

104 posts, read 115,584 times
Smart guy that Mickelson.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
Unlike some...

Old 12-27-2014, 08:38 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Nothing good ever comes out of Florida

Old 12-27-2014, 09:05 AM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Yeah. But that pretty stuff don't last for long, Sport
Then awhaddaya got? Good conversation bout navels (oranges)?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Why is this being peppered all over the other threads in here?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:58 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Phil Mickelson is selling his California Mansion for good reason as he has discovered a way to save $9M annually in State Taxes. Word on the street says he purchased a beautiful Mansion on the Beach in Florida.

Bye California and Hello FLORIDA

Phil Mickelson selling mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., for $6 million, $1 million than he was asking in 2013 . . . house comes complete with backyard putting green | FOX Sports
Well so did OJ Simpson for that matter. The reason they do it is in FL regardless of how awful you are and what crimes you have committed you get to keep your house, you could be being sued for millions but they can't take your house.

Not saying that is the case with Mickelson, but it is with many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
It really doesn't matter where Phil "lives". He can still jet set his way across the world as he pleases. His address might as well be a PO Box in Delaware. Now if I moved to Florida I would be trapped there like a rat for the rest of my life, not an easy decision.
This, he will most likely be spending little to no time there, and come March through November you don't want to be there, it is currently in the 80s in most of FL with high humidity, doesn't that sound lovely.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
Quote:
Phil Mickelson is selling his California Mansion for good reason as he has discovered a way to save $9M annually in State Taxes. Word on the street says he purchased a beautiful Mansion on the Beach in Florida.

Bye California and Hello FLORIDA

Phil Mickelson selling mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., for $6 million, $1 million than he was asking in 2013 . . . house comes complete with backyard putting green | FOX Sports
Well, Ray, he has had this listing on and off for a few years. I think if he was in such a rush to move to Florida to save $9M annually, he would have found a way to sell a $6M house sooner. Or, just move and worry about selling the house later. Ray, why is he waiting so long to move to save $9M annually?

I am not saying he won't move to Florida. I think Florida has a lot going for it. Not for me, but it works for a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California