Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 11:42 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times

Advertisements

Bash away! I'm no fan of the Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 12:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
In my opinion, people who bash other cities have personal issues. the last thing we want in either San Diego or the Bay Area is residents who bring negativity with them. Maybe the OP can move to a different state?
Geez, relax. It all sounds tongue-in-cheek to me.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:32 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,090,021 times
Its so easy to trash the Bay Area that I think you could just start now.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:00 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,976,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatica View Post
But how will a Tulemutt survive without ... tules? You'll have to become Bikinimutt or something.
What about a MissionMutt?

Old 02-07-2015, 01:50 PM

807 posts, read 898,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What is proper protocol? Like dating after divorce.

I took my drove down to San Diego about 10 days or so ago, and on a surprise whim I made an existential decision and rented a new slip for the boat. I haven't moved the boat out of San Francisco yet. But I will in the next month or two. Already dropped the Delta slip.

Now, do I wait until AFTER I am in the new home port to start ragging about the Bay? Do I start now? Do I tastefully wait six months - or a year? Before I lurk back to ridicule the 8 million I left behind to anguish and pain as I sit in the sun?

What's right?
This is the Internet, so I'd say that you were qualified to start bashing before you ever set foot or laid eyes on San Francisco. Double qualification if you happen to think your armchair is fit for a general.

Now that you're in southern California you must remember your duty to make completely arbitrary comparisons between San Diego and San Francisco every once in a while. Be sure to emphasize that whatever general detail you happened to notice applies to ALL members of whatever group is being described and unequivocally is the ultimate link to why California somehow sucks. This last point is extra important, we can't have people posting good natured jokes or insightful commentary on The Internets.

More seriously, I infer that you're enjoying San Diego. Anything in particular that caught your eye?

Old 02-07-2015, 03:03 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Use the term "Frisco Bay".
Roflmao over nearly every one of these posts so far. But this suggestion from 5150-land is maybe the most delightfully meanest one of all!

I'm sitting in the sun watching the surfers for a lunch break. Hustling around a bit getting some things done. Will reply more later today I hope. Hilarious bunch you all are.

FYI: this isn't my first dance with SD. I was stationed here at North Island Naval Air Station before my tours overseas and in "Frisco Bay" . But, that being several hundred years ago, things have changed. I've come down from time to time - but the impulsive, existential decision literally happened in a moment of epiphany. My bones were soaking up the sun and spoke to me.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:16 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
A lot to be said for the sun. Nature's vitamin d Nice to see you're in a place that's warmer. Don't let this go to your head, though. Please. No posted photos of you ... on the beach ... wearing a speedo.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:27 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,137,259 times
Sandy Eggo is nice. I've got tickets to their Opening Day against the World Champion San Francisco Giants. I plan to drink some Ballast Point beer while I'm there, too.

Enjoy!

Old 02-07-2015, 03:35 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What is proper protocol? Like dating after divorce.

I took my drove down to San Diego about 10 days or so ago, and on a surprise whim I made an existential decision and rented a new slip for the boat. I haven't moved the boat out of San Francisco yet. But I will in the next month or two. Already dropped the Delta slip.

Now, do I wait until AFTER I am in the new home port to start ragging about the Bay? Do I start now? Do I tastefully wait six months - or a year? Before I lurk back to ridicule the 8 million I left behind to anguish and pain as I sit in the sun?

What's right?
Good choice! I love the San Diego area. I'm leaving the fog for Florida hopefully in Jan 2016 but latest May 2016. I think it's fine to start right away. You can do it in the SF forum until you move out. My two cents anyways, I just wouldn't move then go back into the old forum and complain because that just sounds desperate lol.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Sandy Eggo is nice. I've got tickets to their Opening Day against the World Champion San Francisco Giants. I plan to drink some Ballast Point beer while I'm there, too.

Enjoy!
Never heard of it. But then they didn't serve it in North Island Naval Hospital when I was born there going on 69 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California