Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Crazy liberals in California aren't my cup of tea. But In-N-Out .. Is damn good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You can get IN N OUT without stepping in CA .
And we'd prefer he did.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:44 PM

807 posts, read 898,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
In N Out is good. They're not the best but the food is good and the service is GREAT. I prefer the burgers at Carl's Jr. myself. Out here in my area of So Cal we have a chain named Bakers. The burgers and fries at Bakers are a little better than In N Out.

I would say 90% of people that have had burgers at In N Out think the food is great while 5% think it's only OK and 5% think the food is bad/overrated. Overall, the reviews are excellent. I know many people in the east coast that want an In N Out restaurant close to them as they rave about the burgers. Wheres the first place they go to eat a burger when they visit the west coast? In N Out.

Burgers and fries for lunch today it is.
Bringing up Carl's Jr. reminded me of an observation I had when comparing a Six Dollar Burger (Thickburger) against a standard Famous Star. The meat in the Six Dollar Burger was heavily salted compared to the Famous Star. This probably plays a big role for the people who don't like In-N-Out, perhaps they're just used to meat that has been heavily marinated and flavored.

I actually like burgers in all styles. Sometimes I want that heavier flavoring, especially after physical activities like a long hike. Other times, I simply want the lighter weight and fresher burger at In-N-Out. I'm actually glad I live somewhere that I have a choice and can actually be that picky about what finer details I want in a burger without having to go through the trouble of making it myself.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

mind = blown people eat there.

the burger and fries are 100% flavorless. there are so many better options for food.

for starters, fat burger and 5 guys > the universe > In-N-Out. dead serious.

i've eaten at in n out a few times just so i could give it another try but no. just no. if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101.

how can that place be packed? the only thing i can think of is the fact that it's cheap so people of "limited means" enjoy going there.

here's another example. the Clubhouse burger from McDonalds > anything from in n out.
Yeah.

Real mystery.

I mean, it's like they think taste is some sort of subjective preference or something...

Old 06-11-2015, 01:56 PM

595 posts, read 560,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And we'd prefer he did.
LOL I wish I didn't have to.. God bless Berkeley

Old 06-11-2015, 02:36 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Oh boy, this will rile people up. Not me, because I think In-N-Out is just OK and pretty much agree with you...but people in California are quick to defend them with everything they've got.
The easiest way to make an enemy with a Californian is to say anything bad about California or anything Californian.

I agree with you, I had In n Out in LA when I was there (it's not as common in Northern California where I partially grew up) and thought the burgers were tasteless and small and the fries tasted like cardboard.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
The easiest way to make an enemy with a Californian is to say anything bad about California or anything Californian.

I agree with you, I had In n Out in LA when I was there (it's not as common in Northern California where I partially grew up) and thought the burgers were tasteless and small and the fries tasted like cardboard.
I don't have a problem with the factual stuff bad stuff said , but for inaccurate bad stuff or when people state their opinions as facts it gets kind of annoying.

People will say stuff like "California is filled with liberal/democrats" , making it seem like 100% or 90% of people vote Democratic .

Nearly 30% of voters in CA consider themselves Republicans.
Since CA has over 38million people...that's a lot of Republicans
And yes I know not all of the people are voting age,etc but it's still many millions of Republicans here.

That's just one example of dumb stuff people say about California because they don't do their research.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:24 PM

205 posts, read 409,718 times
When I went to the InNOut in Las Vegas it was super PACKED. It was so busy we didn't even go in. It's not a California thing ....people from all over love InNOut burger. I was born and raised in L.A. And think inNout is average. I rather go there than McDonald's or Burger King etc. If I'm in the mood for a burger there are many other places I rather go to.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:01 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:

Then refrain from addressing us, if you folks can't do so without making an enemy. Everybody wins! Our sympathies for only partially growing up, btw.

Perhaps a burger is in order. Unfortunately, this thread appears to be created by a drive-by troll post that started yet another burger war (look throughout the C-D archives if these are your thing - there are dozens of them just for CA), that is once again comparing fast food to restaurants and home cooked burgers. Which is absurd. So finding that magic patty melt might not be best accomplished here.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
I like In-N-Out, but I also like a lot of other burgers. As far as San Diego County goes I think the best burger to be had is at Ruby's, but I do like a double-double Animal Style from time to time.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:24 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
I love In n Out, but I don't regard it more highly than it deserves. Part of the reason I like it is because it's so simple. Only a few options (not counting the secret menu) and every time I go there, the employees seem to be happy. It's quite different from other fast food places. That's a big reason I like it there. I could probably live without the burgers if I had to. But not the neapolitan shake

Quote:
Nah, you make enemies when 100% of your posts trash a place and every single one of its residents, then go so far as to generalize an entire region of a country. You clearly like riling people up for attention though so that's the last I'll say on that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California