Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 12:49 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I love In and Out because everything tastes really fresh and they put a ton of veggies on the burger. If you are the kind of person that prefers LOTS OF BEEF then yeah, In and Out is probably not for you. Their fries are fine for me, I don't love them or hate them (not big on fries in general) but animal style fries really does take it to the next level.

What I don't understand is the people who love those bacon/beef/sauce/nothing else burgers that Jack n the Box schlocks (and I love me some of Jack n the Crack's other burgers).
All the chains seem to try and jump on fads or gimmicks ,"Check out our new quarduple bacon cowboy pulled pork burger" type things.

IN N OUTs Menu has probably never changed in decades , but they are still KILLING it .

I've also read their simple menu means their profit margins are a lot higher.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:50 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Taste is subjective though . I'm sure there are still a lot of people that would still prefer an IN N OUT burger despite the cost.

I had posted a link earlier in this thread about celebrity chefs that love IN N OUT for example.
These people can afford to eat anywhere, they make millions a year .
Gordon Ramsey,etc.
C'mon, that isn't solid reasoning. I can find tons of celebrity chefs that go crazy for McDonalds, or White Castle or KFC. I remember watching a Food Network special on sliders and they had some of the big-time chefs waxing poetically on White Castle, which is basically the worst burger place in history. Or I remember the Per Se chef (forgot his name) talking about how McDonalds fries were the best.

That doesn't mean these places have good food; it means chefs are regular people who can have subjective opinions like the rest of us; or maybe they're just be intentionally contrarian.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 PM

540 posts, read 653,210 times
Worst burger. Right

Old 06-10-2015, 12:54 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
One may not prefer In N Out, but the hype is real. there's a reason why the drive thrus are always 10+ cars deep during lunch and dinner hours. it's clear that a lot of people like In N Out and it's been this way for a long time. The combination of taste and price is unmatched by any other large fast food restaurant in existence.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
C'mon, that isn't solid reasoning. I can find tons of celebrity chefs that go crazy for McDonalds, or White Castle or KFC. I remember watching a Food Network special on sliders and they had some of the big-time chefs waxing poetically on White Castle, which is basically the worst burger place in history. Or I remember the Per Se chef (forgot his name) talking about how McDonalds fries were the best.

That doesn't mean these places have good food; it means chefs are regular people who can have subjective opinions like the rest of us; or maybe they're just be intentionally contrarian.
I think McDonald's fries used to be the best around, but the quality has fallen.

My point though is I think people would be surprised that these big time chefs love IN N OUT.

I'm sure they have tasted a lot more than the OP at least.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
I like a lot of places. The Habit is a favorite. Tommy Burger is good. With In&Out you have to know how to ask for things. So many ways to make the ideal burger and fries.

My biggest complaint has been the fries at In&Out. I always thought that they needed to be cooked longer. One day I asked if they could cook them longer. Guess what? They did exactly that. Since In&Out is 100% fresh and they cook it when you order it, they have the ability to make it anyway you want.

For burgers I prefer a double meat with grilled onions. That along with the double cooked fries is ideal for me. I don't do shakes so a water will wash it all down.

My kids prefer the animal fries. I never got into that because I like my fries clean and with Ketchup.

Realize the prices are good for the food that you get.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I like a lot of places. The Habit is a favorite. Tommy Burger is good. With In&Out you have to know how to ask for things. So many ways to make the ideal burger and fries.

My biggest complaint has been the fries at In&Out. I always thought that they needed to be cooked longer. One day I asked if they could cook them longer. Guess what? They did exactly that. Since In&Out is 100% fresh and they cook it when you order it, they have the ability to make it anyway you want.

For burgers I prefer a double meat with grilled onions. That along with the double cooked fries is ideal for me. I don't do shakes so a water will wash it all down.

My kids prefer the animal fries. I never got into that because I like my fries clean and with Ketchup.

Realize the prices are good for the food that you get.
Animal fries with a side of ketchup mixed with salt for the win!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
One may not prefer In N Out, but the hype is real. there's a reason why the drive thrus are always 10+ cars deep during lunch and dinner hours. it's clear that a lot of people like In N Out and it's been this way for a long time. The combination of taste and price is unmatched by any other large fast food restaurant in existence.
True. I think too often people just say ,"No big deal..it's burgers and fries"
but that's what's impressive about it. They have been able to consistently serve simple products that are high quality ,fresh, at a very reasonable price for over 50years..

On a much small scale their business model is similar to the Apple Pan in West L.A

The Apple Pan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interestingly they opened around the same time as IN N OUT .

They never expanded beyond their one location though.

It's interesting that the founder of Johnny Rockets supposedly said he copied the concept of the Apple Pan for the Johnny Rockets chain...at least according to Wiki
Johnny Rockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Johnny Rockets expanded to several hundred locations worldwide.

I used to go to the Apple Pan somewhat often when I lived nearby in West L.A as it was walking distance. Prices weren't really that cheap back then versus IN N OUT, I'm sure they are quite higher now. This was 6+ years ago. I haven't been there since.

I always thought it was interesting the place seemed really stuck in time, with the old registers, old school counter, and the employees that seemed to have worked there forever.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:16 PM

861 posts, read 852,329 times
Heresy!!!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:18 PM

861 posts, read 852,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Animal fries with a side of ketchup mixed with salt for the win!
You are making my mouth water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California