Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2019, 03:13 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Californians are the most illogical or ultra stubborn I've met. Maybe elitist mentality but I'm from NYC and I don't share the same elitism. Most of CA's problems are self-inflicted and very little remedies are in site because of reluctance to change or push towards compromise solution. It's always the bleeder approach at solving every problem.

You look at every single issue from income inequalities, fires, drought, and social problems. It's the same tired solution of throwing money at the wrong solution and then ignoring the obvious causes and effects.

How is all the energy and resources fighting Trump helpful with the amount of problems the state has?

So what if it's the richest state on the West Coast when it people living at or below poverty that rivals 3rd world countries.

There's fires burning, well it has always been a problem but nobody lived in those areas 10 years ago and the government didn't stop or zone people away from building in those areas. It's about as stupid as having people build at flood plains.

SoCal is essentially a desert but you go through drought and enforce water restriction but the rich still have green golf courses and yards.

On the east coast, if there's a major environment issue such as being too close to the water. People eventually pack up and move. On political issues, even NYC has had different political parties flip often. Democrats rule for a decade and GOP runs another decade. It's a yin yang effect but in CA there's no yin and yang, it's all yin and that's what's wrong with CA. It's a state run by fools that's why there's creative forces there but they can't run a damn government right.
Lol. From New York huh.

So, just by the way, you do realize that California isn’t simply “the richest state on the West Coast”, right? It’s the richest in the whole nation. And 5th strongest economy in the entire world (approx. 300 countries?)

And the poverty is unfortunate collateral effect of booming success ... which tends to always negatively affect marginal populations that can’t keep up and compete.

Now let me tell you all about New York! ................. nah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 09:41 AM

69 posts, read 60,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Have you figured out you are in a real minority position?

Have you figured it really doesn't matter and that my stance is my stance? Again I stand strong with the reality that ultra leftist policy has ruined this once fine state.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1993 View Post
Have you figured it really doesn't matter and that my stance is my stance? .
I certainly have!

Old 10-29-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulemutt View Post
i certainly have! :d

Old 10-29-2019, 10:06 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Have you figured it really doesn't matter and that my stance is my stance? Again I stand strong with the reality that ultra leftist policy has ruined this once fine state.
You aren't really "standing strong" with it because all you do is throw out the term "ultra leftist policy" over and over without defining the term or providing examples.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You aren't really "standing strong" with it because all you do is throw out the term "ultra leftist policy" over and over without defining the term or providing examples.
Well my point has just been made about your typical Californian and their denial about reality in this once wondrous state. Thanks Sleepy.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:25 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Well my point has just been made about your typical Californian and their denial about reality in this once wondrous state. Thanks Sleepy.
huh?

Old 10-29-2019, 11:31 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
There seems to be a movement to "group hate" a lot of things (Amazon) and California is in that group.

Which cracks me up, because CA is YUGE and super different in what they are like in all those different areas.

I love NorCal, and not fond of SoCal, but I view that as a personal preference, so don't go around spamming everything LA with my opinion on it.

I lived in NorCal and surrounding area, SF and surrounding area, and really liked it.

I would move back but the are retirement friendly in our situation.

The fires are wigging me out too, sis lost her home 2 years ago, and it's under threat again.

My nerves can't take it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And you just kinda made sleepy’s point by not responding with anything but partisan snark. Not a lick of explanation, data, or logical argument to support your minority ideological complaints.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There seems to be a movement to "group hate" a lot of things (Amazon) and California is in that group.
Lol and roger that ... “group hate” ... trending phrase prediction ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California