Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 02:24 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
Despite me and V8 Vega disagreeing on a lot of things (I see you as a cuckservative fool), I agree with the article. And as usual, the liberals post their ad-hominem comments and don't reply back in a substantial and objective way. It appears that liberals once again prove without me doing anything that they are just as dogmatic and overtly emotional like Born-Again Christian/Protestant trolls, completely incapable of even posting basic facts/statistics to counter the article that Vega posted.

I will get heat for this post and I will have Tulemutt/Loribee/Ruth4Truth alliance post more of their ad-hominem/sarcastic comments/insults flung at me for going against the liberal zeitgeist. Prove me I'm wrong and post objective facts/statistics for once rather than devolving into petty insults because you are too prideful to admit you are wrong.
Where in this post are any objective facts/statistics? Is it only up to others to do the busy work while you rant about lack of facts?

Edit: Aha, saw the follow-up. It is a Catholic Takeover thing! Oh well, Pope Frank seems a lot more sensible than this year's 'Pub class.

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 08-08-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 02:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
I believe I haven't introduced myself. I am Bonez765, the most terrifying thing to liberals besides hard work and doing math. I am a conservative but not a Republican (registered independent), who doesn't like the Republican Party because it has far too many Protestant trolls who secretly dislike Catholics (I am not Anglo; I am of Mexican ancestry and I am a fluent Spanish speaker). Besides that, the Republicans have been complete failures in stopping liberal pet projects like Feminism.
sounds an awful lot like a grandiose narcissistic fantasy

Old 08-08-2015, 09:00 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,564,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
sounds an awful lot like a grandiose narcissistic fantasy
Or maybe he's just a dumb****.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,485,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
It was a desert. Majority of California is desert.
The question is
Should my tax dollar subside Almonds/nuts/.....farmers..., so Chinese can eat cheap Almonds/nuts....????
20% CA water is used by city people
80% CA water is used by farmers.

It really does not matter how city people use/waste the water. It does matter how farmers make money with our water.

The majority of California is NOT desert. How many times do we have to go over this?

True the southern part of the Central Valley IS desert according to climatologists' rainfall gradations (<10 inches average annual rainfall). Areas around Bakersfield and Hanford and Visalia, for example. Why it wasn't left to grazing.......as some parts of the Great Plains should have been, and those areas get MORE rain than quite a bit of the Central Valley.

Percentages are right, though. But the city people are kinda screwed because they don't have a lobby in Sacramento.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:02 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
The majority of California is NOT desert. How many times do we have to go over this?

True the southern part of the Central Valley IS desert according to climatologists' rainfall gradations (<10 inches average annual rainfall). Areas around Bakersfield and Hanford and Visalia, for example. Why it wasn't left to grazing.......as some parts of the Great Plains should have been, and those areas get MORE rain than quite a bit of the Central Valley.

Percentages are right, though. But the city people are kinda screwed because they don't have a lobby in Sacramento.
Most of the valley is semidesert, which makes a huge difference, as semidesert tends to be wet enough to rinse salts from the soils. The whole southwest third of the San Joaquin Valley which is true desert is too dry to be farmed sustainably, without huge environmental costs and wasted water. Pulling back ag. in that area would be better for the state as a whole. The other 70% of the Central Valley (the semidesert to Mediterranean parts with > 10-12" of precipitation) are not really where most of the problems occur.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:12 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
The whole southwest third of the San Joaquin Valley which is true desert
Pretty ironic when you consider that a good chunk of that was, until about a century or so ago, submerged under Tulare Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California