Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:34 PM

296 posts, read 232,378 times

Advertisements

[quote=payutenyodagimas;45858491]its better than where they came from

and why would sane people leave CA? is has the best climate anywhere in the world..

....unless you cant find a good paying job[/quote

If you like hot weather it's the best climate in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 02:36 PM

296 posts, read 232,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
Even those born in America choose to stay. I would think a guy from the Bay Area would move to Texas where he could buy 3 mansions with his money.

If white people can't afford it how does everyone else manage to stay there?

Because "everyone else" are getting the good jobs.
Where I lived there was mandatory Spanish to get an office job.
No whites need apply.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:48 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,651,739 times
If you speak Spanish it is a huge plus in the medical field in the SF Bay Area... some Asian languages can also help.

Many of the smaller practices insist on Spanish as a job requirement.

Should have taken Spanish in High School instead of German... just about every German speaks some English...

One of my friends is Chinese but raised in Argentina... she is much in demand for her totally fluent language skills... it does make for some fun moments when a patient will say something in Spanish not expecting she has perfect comprehension... I've seen the look when she answers in Spanish... Cantonese, Laotian and Cambodian.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 PM

545 posts, read 513,431 times
There are millions of white people here. Probably more than in any other state. You may not realize it until, for example, St Pattie's Day and then they come out of the woodwork lol

Old 11-06-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Why?
B/c 30% of 10 million is 3 million white people in LA County. And they tend to congregate in certain areas.

3 million white people in one county is huge.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I don't get this at all. This is purely anecdotal but I've noticed an increase in the AA population in LA over the last year or so. I don't know if many are making their way down from the Bay Area but I haven't noticed a decrease. The stats may say otherwise but that's just what I've noticed.
Blacks are starting to fan out over LA County, whereas they used to be more concentrated to the south of downtown/Inglewood, etc.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:38 PM

21,728 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
B/c 30% of 10 million is 3 million white people in LA County. And they tend to congregate in certain areas.

3 million white people in one county is huge.
My question was "why does it matter?"

Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
My question was "why does it matter?"
Because the United States is - and always has been - a predominately white non-Hispanic country.

White people, primarily from British Isles extraction, created a highly advanced industrialized society that, due economic opportunities and income potential, attracted tens of millions people from all over the Third World, most notably Latin America, India and Southeast Asia.

The same can be said of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, etc.

To see the cultural group that built and has guided this great nation for centuries vanish completely - at least from major urban centers such as Los Angeles, et al. - would be detrimental to the welfare of our nation, IMO.

If you use the countries / cultures from where most brown people originate as any sort of baseline, then it is overwhelmingly evident that brown people are, for the most part, nowhere near as munificent as whites and probably never will be.

Remember, people don't move to brown countries; they move to white ones.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:37 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
Because the United States is - and always has been - a predominately white non-Hispanic country.

White people, primarily from British Isles extraction, created a highly advanced industrialized society that, due economic opportunities and income potential, attracted tens of millions people from all over the Third World, most notably Latin America, India and Southeast Asia.

The same can be said of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, etc.

To see the cultural group that built and has guided this great nation for centuries vanish completely - at least from major urban centers such as Los Angeles, et al. - would be detrimental to the welfare of our nation, IMO.

If you use the countries / cultures from where most brown people originate as any sort of baseline, then it is overwhelmingly evident that brown people are, for the most part, nowhere near as munificent as whites and probably never will be.

Remember, people don't move to brown countries; they move to white ones.
Uh, no. The United States of America belongs to all who choose to live here and contribute to it.

But feel free to indulge yourself in revisionist thinking and get angry. I choose another path.

Oh btw, did you know my ancestors invented a written language, gun powder, and a civil service while yours were still living in caves?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:06 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,687,187 times
The Republican voter base has been leaving California.
It's becoming a mix of mega-wealthy people and very poor people. I can remember when places like North Hollywood were nice neighborhoods. Now it's gangland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California