Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:11 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
That's all talk.

Flagstaff is like living in Big Bear, it's COLD. Only bearable in the summer. Phoenix is the opposite, unbearable in the summer, every other time it's ok. Phoenix is a far better choice than Flagstaff.

AZ (Phoenix) is really only hot Late May - Late September with highest temperatures hitting in July.

Other than that, it's basically LA weather. Just yesterday, the high was 79 where I live. But then again, that's not normal this time a year. Usually by mid May, the temps hit high 90s low 100. But if you think 100 is hot, you'll get used to it. I used to think so too until I lived through the first Arizona summer. Now 90-100 temps seems like nothing. Get some shorts, flip flops, floppy hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and you're all good.

Thanks for the laugh. It is NOT LA weather in Phoenix.

Phoenix is nice for a few months in the winter, that's about it.

You get used to it by becoming a prisoner of air conditioning.

No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Your answers are vague.

In your OP you stated you didn't want to move away because family is around since you grew up in OC.

50 hours a week too much? Not if you are in your early 20's and not going to school. I worked 70 hours a week for a year. And worked around 55 hours a week for a couple more years.
Their answers are vague because they're not telling the whole story.

Can't move in with parents? Why not? Is it can't or won't? Faced with being homeless, you can't go stay with parents who live locally? Why not?

Again how much debt do they have? Car note?

No one is saying Southern CA is cheap, but many just blame that rather than look at their lack of financial planning.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:39 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Thanks for the laugh. It is NOT LA weather in Phoenix.

Phoenix is nice for a few months in the winter, that's about it.

You get used to it by becoming a prisoner of air conditioning.

No thanks.
You've obviously never been to Phoenix.

I grew up in LA thank you very much and have lived in Phoenix now for a year. I know the differences first hand.

From October - April, it's basically LA weather (Highs in the 60s-70s, lows in the 40s-50s). May - September it's where it gets hot. But don't kid yourself in terms of how hot it gets, sometimes LA will have a high pressure system and also reach 105+ too. Phoenix is just constant 100-110 all the time and high pressure systems doesn't really affect the temps too much.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:

I grew up in LA thank you very much and have lived in Phoenix now for a year. I know the differences first hand.

From October - April, it's basically LA weather (Highs in the 60s-70s, lows in the 40s-50s). May - September it's where it gets hot. But don't kid yourself in terms of how hot it gets, sometimes LA will have a high pressure system and also reach 105+ too. Phoenix is just constant 100-110 all the time and high pressure systems doesn't really affect the temps too much.
Exactly, no one argued that Phoenix has Santa Monica weather for 8 months, but I would definitely say we have Castaic or Ontario weather for 8 months

Old 06-03-2017, 12:26 AM

11 posts, read 15,753 times
I would recommend Chicago or Milwaukee. Mainly bcoz i came from over there and it is cheap and lot of opportunities and nice areas there.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:13 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
That is the key to a new and successful business.
I am running with it to see what happens.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am running with it to see what happens.
Good, too many think they will just start a business a dozen other people have and money will just start flowing in.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Oh but I have been to Phoenix, a few times. Loved it in December, very nice.

You're already have been experiencing triple digit heat for the last couple of weeks, and it will remain that way for months.

Go sell crazys someplace else, LA may get a couple of triple digit days but it passes, you have it for months.

LA weather for Tuesday June 6th ........ 75 degrees

Phoenix weather for Tuesday June 6th......... 108 degrees.

Like I said, go sell crazy someplace else. You can lie about many things, not the weather.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Comeon guys. Unless you are a techie you go to Las Vegas.

The most eastern suburb of LA. Where does the food and supplies come from? And where are many of the LA areas provided with stuff from?

If you are young and able and like S. CA you are far better off in LV than anywhere else.

Gets you out of CA and saves you lots of taxes. Lots of jobs. Lower cost of living and the beach is less than 5v hours away.

It is amazing to watch you all try to avoid the obvious. As a long time OC resident I do understand the turf. But you folks are doing this kid a disservice.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsquishmeister View Post
Work on a skill that makes you valuable enough to be hired by an international company. Emigrate to Europe. Or the midwest would be close enough.

The social-economic range you're currently in has expired on the coasts.

If you wish to stay here, you'll either need a valuable skill, marry into money, start a successful business or inherit a trust fund. Beyond those directives, you'll just remain poor. Sorry.
Harsh, but the truth. Better to face hard truths in your 20s than later in life. Denial just makes it harder as time goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California