Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times

Advertisements

I'm not a massive believer in the "higher calling" but I will say that it is awesome that you're truly inspired to make it to Redding, and I find that very "empowering" if you will.

Good thing about Redding, hotels/motels can be found pretty cheap. I don't know exactly what your budget is, but the Super 8 in Redding is clean, friendly, right off the interstate and has a breakfast to get you going. Currently on Hotels.com and Expedia, a king room is $55 per night.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 03:46 PM

178 posts, read 227,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
We stayed there when Oroville was evacuated over the crumbling spillway last February. The free breakfast and soup/salad and drinks that evening were appreciated. We had a big lunch out and that was the only meal we bought.
Hi Beau,

Has it been that long already since the Oroville damn incident, how time "does" truly fly. That was awful to watch, even on TV. Glad you were safe. Houston, as well as the fires this year, and another hurricane. I don't know if it's the internet giving us the ability to see more, or natural disasters are truly getting worse and more frequent

Old 09-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I'm not a massive believer in the "higher calling" but I will say that it is awesome that you're truly inspired to make it to Redding, and I find that very "empowering" if you will.

Good thing about Redding, hotels/motels can be found pretty cheap. I don't know exactly what your budget is, but the Super 8 in Redding is clean, friendly, right off the interstate and has a breakfast to get you going. Currently on Hotels.com and Expedia, a king room is $55 per night.

Good luck!
Wow, that is low, and I am sure I have stayed at a Super 8 before. I don't need fancy, but I look for safe places (as safe as I can find these days) and clean, well-kept Ty for the heads up.

Like I think I mentioned, I don't know for sure about anything spiritually. I want to believe is the most honest I can be about it. Denise

Old 09-06-2017, 04:49 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
Wow, that is low, and I am sure I have stayed at a Super 8 before. I don't need fancy, but I look for safe places (as safe as I can find these days) and clean, well-kept Ty for the heads up.

Like I think I mentioned, I don't know for sure about anything spiritually. I want to believe is the most honest I can be about it. Denise
It's safe & clean right off the interstate, I've stayed there 2-3 times while in Redding overnight on business. Can't beat it for the price.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:00 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
OH! I can highly recommend the Thunderbird Lodge in downtown Redding. When I lived in Crescent City, and would go to Redding for shows, I'd always stay at the Thunderbird Lodge. A really nice Indian family bought it and cleaned it up. They have wi-fi, the prices are great, it's safe, and really affordable. I've personally stayed there on several occasions in the last few years and highly recommend it.

It's easiest to go ahead and book online, even if you want to call them to confirm, etc. They also let me take my dog:

https://www.thunderbirdlodgeredding.com/

They have a decent little breakfast in the morning in a kitchen/cafeteria type room, with coffee, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, etc.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,634 times
I live in Redding & I will tell you this; There are a couple Motel 6 off the main freeway. I-5. Both are nice enough. Another option if you're interested in a different setting for a possibly less expensive rate is to look into Air B&B. There you will find local homeowners renting out a room in their home. You may even get meals included with your stay!

Since you are interested in the Bethel community, once you get here, you will likely find they offer opportunities to like minded individuals who are hard working & driven. There are schooling opportunities along with employment, if you are interested, of course. What you may also find is they tend to "take care of their own" in that once you are aquainted with the community here, they may offer you lodging. Just a few ideas. Steer clear of downtown Redding after dark & remove anything not attached to the interior of your vehicle any time you leave it. The "homeless" population is out of contral & their desire to steal from others so they can have whatever it is they're after, is on the rise. All that to say don't even leave so much as sunglasses in your vehicle. Lock it all up & park in a well lit area, look for video cameras & park as near to them as you can. Enjoy your stay. It's not terribly smokey today as of 8:05pm

Old 01-17-2018, 12:12 PM

I don't see where I ever thanked you for this info, I did find B&Bs I can afford so I might go for that. Motel 6 has always been pretty good for me as I traveled almost every State, back when

So thank you so much Amberlin Denise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California