Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 09:49 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,996,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Cali doesn't get this, since he's apparently a millionaire many times over, of which he has reminded us multiple times.
Why does it matter what money I have? That's completely irrelevant to the point.

You're making the claim the Federal government screwed you by not giving you welfare for your high local and state taxes.

Seriously, think that one through slowly and deliberately in your mind. MAYBE you'll see how silly your original point sounds to most people who don't live in California.

[/IMG]

Last edited by CaliRestoration; 01-09-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
geezus what are you going to blame it on kids eating too much sugar or sun spots?
Actually your parallel would be correct if it was "Fat kids in California are eating too much federal subsidized sugar, now the government is taking away our ability to subsidize that sugar, how DARE they!"

The original problem is the SUGAR (aka high local and state taxes) making all of your kids fat, not the fact that Trump took your Federal welfare away.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:54 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Then you need to place the blame where it should be placed: California Democrats who have given you a higher tax burden and COL.

Trumps tax cuts have zero to do with that.
Absolute nonsense. California property tax is 1% based on the sales price of the home, that is quite low. The problem is that homes here are expensive and that's because it's a successful state full of people who can afford expensive homes. Trump decided to punish those people as well a whole lot of other people because California didn't vote for him. Trump acts like the boy prince who wants to strike out against anyone who doesn't kiss his ring.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
I've been a registered Republican or Libertarian since the day I turned 18. Which is why I'm perfectly fine saying F people that are stupid lazy and useless. Suck it, loser.
Uh if you're libertarian why are you crying about the SALT deduction and not the high taxes themselves?

Perhaps you need to look up what libertarians actually stand for before you claim membership?

Old 01-09-2020, 09:55 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
Quote:
Actually your parallel would be correct if it was "Fat kids in California are eating too much federal subsidized sugar, now the government is taking away our ability to subsidize that sugar, how DARE they!" The original problem is the SUGAR (aka high local and state taxes) making all of your kids fat, not the fact that Trump took your Federal welfare away.
uh huh sure thing Cali, only problem is you are wrong.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
California property tax is 1% based on the sales price of the home, that is quite low. The problem is that homes here are expensive and that's because it's a successful state full of people who can afford expensive homes.
Read that again, slowly.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
uh huh sure thing Cali, only problem is you are wrong.
No I'm not.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:03 AM

California Dems: "The Federal government won't help subsidize our high state taxes (that we voted for) and $1,000,000 mortgages!!!"

Rest of the country:

Old 01-09-2020, 11:08 AM

216 posts, read 128,318 times
Quote:
Uh if you're libertarian why are you crying about the SALT deduction and not the high taxes themselves?

Perhaps you need to look up what libertarians actually stand for before you claim membership?
Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a thread about the "Federal Income Tax Proposal" and its effect on me as a Californian.

Were you under the impression this was a thread about something else?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Sorry, for some reason I thought this was a thread about the "Federal Income Tax Proposal" and its effect on me as a Californian.
It is! We're discussing where you should be directing your ire since it's being completely misdirected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California