Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 05:32 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Agreed, definitely, w/increasing capacity, as well as decreasing consumption. Redding doesn't really have the option to do desal, though.
Ok, so we agree. A third element is that California simply cannot sustain more population growth given our water situation. Any leader of California should push the Federal government on immigration and demand that California's fragile ecosystem be considered together with its water limitations. California should be the first state to tell all, "sorry, no more". Hawaii should follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 05:37 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Ok, so we agree. A third element is that California simply cannot sustain more population growth given our water situation. Any leader of California should push the Federal government on immigration and demand that California's fragile ecosystem be considered together with its water limitations. California should be the first state to tell all, "sorry, no more". Hawaii should follow.
Well, this is a whole other issue, deserving of its own thread. I don't think the US in general can handle more immigration. I've been concerned about that for decades. Aside from the H1B visa issue, there's a multiplicity of legal immigration programs that should be called into question, IMO, not to mention illegal immigration.But I think this complex topic is beyond the scope of this particular thread.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
Quote:
Well, this is a whole other issue, deserving of its own thread. I don't think the US in general can handle more immigration. I've been concerned about that for decades. Aside from the H1B visa issue, there's a multiplicity of legal immigration programs that should be called into question, IMO, not to mention illegal immigration.But I think this complex topic is beyond the scope of this particular thread.
Fair enough.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:10 PM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
lol. We really need a "sarcasm" emoticon. I thought it was obvious...
No, it wasn't; sorry I misunderstood you (since there are so many who actually believe this (especially on this thread).

Old 06-10-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Funny that we are not hearing much about our current drought situation. Still, we notice storm after storm in NorCal.

But regressives want us to mellow-yellow our toilets and...
Did you think that the drought would just disappear for good because of one season's rainfall?

California adopts permanent water conservation rules | The Sacramento Bee

Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,861,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not sure what this had to do with Democrats.

Californians Are Struggling to Pay for Rising Water Rates: https://www.newsdeeply.com/water/art...ng-water-rates

Water Rates | California Water Association
And yet there is a line of cars at Charbucks waiting to pay 3 bucks for a cup of hot water colored with coffee grounds...

Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM

"Even in times of drought, California’s natural and human-made arteries run with the nation’s cleanest, most accessible water. So fundamental is the stuff to the state’s identity and to its residents’ daily lives that California law recognizes a human right to “safe, clean, affordable, and accessible water adequate for human consumption, cooking, and sanitary purposes.”

Yet the taps in hundreds of communities produce only toxic brown fluid because years of environmental degradation have contaminated parts of the water table, and because extreme poverty has blocked residents and their leaders from upgrading their water infrastructure..."

California, the world's fifth-largest economy, has a Third World drinking water problem

Old 06-14-2018, 07:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Don't forget one other immigration problem, chain migration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California